Senior Actuarial Analyst, Life
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
The Senior Actuarial Analyst, Predictive Analytics role is responsible for managing the design, implementation, maintenance, and communication of Fortitude Re’s statistical analysis models that analyze experience studies, in-force management, and other data structures for Life Insurance, Annuity, and A&H business lines.
- Develops, tests, trains, and implements models; continuously refines models based on historical experience and assists in productionizing feasible solutions.
- Researches, examines and develops mathematical, statistical and actuarial models to predict outcomes, which may include the use of traditional actuarial methods, regression models, decision trees, and other applicable methods;
- Models and frames scenarios that affect critical business assumptions and/or decisions.
- Visualizes and reports data findings to stakeholders utilizing various visual formats; compiles and presents complex information for audiences at varying levels of technical understanding.
- Processes, cleanses, and verifies the integrity and reliability of data used for analysis; uses iterative processes and validates findings.
- Champions the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire company and at operational, managerial and executive levels.
- 2+ years of actuarial experience in the insurance industry or other financial industry experience.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- An Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) with a desire to pursue a Fellowship of Society of Actuaries (FSA) or an equivalent designation (or a Master’s Degree in a related field) preferred.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret business needs, and develop creative solutions.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of teams and management.
- Ability to format and generate summary, statistical, and presentation reports.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective technical presentations, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with programming in R or Python is an asset.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.) is an asset
- Highly motivated, results- and goal-oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects independently and with a high level of discipline.
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family AC - Actuarial
- Job Function Associate/Sr Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA