Assistant Vice President, Program Management
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
The Assistant Vice President, Program Management will report directly to the VP, TPA Governance and will be appointed to manage a small collection of company critical strategic, high-value projects. The position will be responsible for leading a portfolio of initiatives that collectively drive the business strategy and for enforcing basic project management discipline through the adherence to company project management methodology and software development life-cycle methodologies.
The position requires a results-focused, influential, and process-disciplined leader to deliver on a complex and aggressive strategic agenda. The individual will ensure alignment between the strategic long-term objectives and the project specific, short-term tactical milestones. The success of this role depends on high levels of negotiation and communication with all stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an exceptionally effective program leader and possess a strong business and process mindset, and change leadership skills. Your contribution as a leader at Fortitude Re is a defining factor for the company’s continued growth and success.
As a member of the TPA Governance team and an influencer at the Company, people will come to you as a “go-to” source because of your deep knowledge of program management and methodologies. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions, utilizing your experience, judgement, and risk mitigation mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes, and you are the one both internal and external partners turn to for issue resolution / direction related to program matters. You act with speed, composure, and a Company and Client focus with an unwavering commitment to deliver solutions.
- Act as primary program lead for several high-value programs, acting as a single point of escalation and resolution
- Support the team in preparation and facilitation of key leadership updates
- Partner with functional teams ensuring effective adoption of a basic project management methodology and standards across strategic projects
- Engage and establish trust / credibility with key stakeholders across all levels of the organization, including technical and domain experts
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or similar advanced degree helpful.
- Self-starter with exceptional portfolio and program management skills and the ability to work independently and in a group to drive projects to completion
- Project Management credential preferred (PMP, Prince 2 or other)
- Experience and knowledge of Agile methodologies and practices
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC)
- Demonstrated Project Management experience of large-scale implementations
- Strong understanding of the insurance industry; experience with Life & Annuities operations highly beneficial
- Strong presentation skills essential: including use of PowerPoint to develop presentations & shape messages, influence
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong facilitation and influence skills across disparate audiences and levels
- Strong leadership presence and ability to influence others
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Experience in conflict resolution, or the ability to de-escalate tense situations - comfortable in a role that requires negotiation
- Results oriented, and able to work well under pressure
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills; skilled at relationship building
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family OP - Operations
- Job Function AVP
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA