What We Need
FLEETCOR is currently looking to hire a Senior Data Scientist. This position falls under our Credit Analytics line of business. In this role, youwill be responsible for risk modeling for acquisition, account management and collection. This touches on actively maximizing the trade-off of revenue growth and risk using machine learning. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets, improving business outcomes and providing leadership teams with insights gained from data. If you can’t write your own SQL code to manipulate the data, build end-to-end machine learning models in Python (preferred) or R then this is not the right role for you.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for business model and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. The candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. He/she must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data - based insights and must be comfortable working with a wide range of data types and requests, including financial and non-financial data.
You will report directly to the VP of SMB Central Operations and regularly collaborate with the team in the department.
How We Work
As a Data Scientist you will be expected to work in a virtual environment. FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
- Assigned workspace in a home office set up
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Monthly home internet stipend
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Developing and maintain credit risk, fraud, collection models and algorithms to implement.
- Identify business opportunities and strategic changes; monitor and modify models regularly for best model outcomes;
- Researching internal and external (i.e., credit bureau data) data sources/attributes and ML/AI approaches to increase predictive power and optimize customer experiences, risk management, and other business outcomes
- Developing processes and dynamic data dashboards to forecast risk and monitor model performance, alert of business risk based on underlying business & market trends
- Implementing new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Communicating analysis results and recommendations to stakeholders and leaders regularly and effectively
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field required, Master degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of hands on experience with data processing, data mining, machine learning or deep learning under business environment required.
- A strong track record of performing machine learning model development using Python/R (numpy, pandas, tensorflow, pytorch, scikit-learn, etc.) and SQL interaction patterns.
- Solid knowledge and experience of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, GBM, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world applications.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to explain complex concepts succinctly and effectively
- Experience in creating, visualizing and presenting data and insight using Tableau
- Familiarity with Linux/OS X command line, version control software (git), and general software development principles with a machine learning software development life-cycle orientation.
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity. Ability to breakdown broad objectives in to tactical goals and effectively communicate to team.
Benefits & Perks
- Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements)
- Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide
- Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time
- Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.)
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.comor following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA