Solution Developer Analyst
What We Need
FLEETCOR is currently looking to hire a Solution Developer Analyst within our Corporate Payment division. This position falls under our Corporate line of business and is located in Portland, OR. In this role you will be responsible for determining the computing needs of a client and translating them into system specifications. Their duties include completing evaluations of hardware and software, giving advice to shareholders about their IT infrastructure and producing cost analysis of potential IT initiatives.
You will report directly to Jeff Clem Director; Vendor Enrollment Data Optimization regularly collaborate with the team in the department.
How We Work
As a Solution Developer Analyst, you will be expected to work in a virtual environment. FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
- Assigned workspace in office/home office set up (hybrid)
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Monthly home internet stipend
- Demonstrable knowledge in writing SQL queries with proficiency in scripting stored procedures, views, functions, tables, and jobs.
- Develop and interpret subset databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from Corpay’s data sources and maintain databases/data systems. Work independently on projects and report on findings using business analysis.
- Filter and scrub data by reviewing generated reports and performance indicators to locate and correct problems or gather data subsets based on specific criteria; utilize data management tools.
- Use clean data to create reports for business analysis. Develop methods for seamlessly gathering, organizing, and outputting data based on business need.
- Help guide data and system improvement projects
- Work with management and stakeholders to prioritize business and information needs
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities; work with development team to improve data collection and management.
- Miscellaneous projects or duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- College education or equivalent experience required. Higher education in analysis, statistics, computer science, data, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years database and analysis experience in a payment or technical environment.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of SQL query writing
- Experience and interest in process automation
- Experience with AWS services like Redshift, S3, and EMR or Azure products such as Azure Data Factories, API linkage, Azure DevOps
- Experience with agile methodology
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart, or Draw.io (specific experience with UML or ERM diagramming is a large plus)
- Advanced computer skills experience with Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access and knowledge of data integrity and architecture required.
- Experience with Data Warehouse Architecture and Data Modeling, including developing tables and views
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Critical Thinking, Reasoning and Persuasion — Ideal candidate will apply logic and reasoning to recognize salient details, identify solutions and or approaches to problems. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce logically sound answers. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events). Ability to identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts by breaking down information or data into separate parts. Advanced problem-solving skills in analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Data Management, Manipulation, and Verification – Ability to accurately record, verify, audit and follow-up on data within specified time frames. Ability to arrange actions within rules and procedures; ability to develop and refine the rules and procedures with business needs and replicate results.
- Administrative — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records in a database, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, financial math, statistics, and their applications.
- Technology— Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and data driven tools. Ability to learn Corpay’s systems and software. Use of proprietary database products, CRM software (Salesforce), ticketing software (Zendesk), fax and phone systems.
- Idea Fluency and Originality/ Problem Solving - Exceptional problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and drive win-win solutions. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions. The ability to develop creative ways to solve a problem. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Professional level written and verbal communication skills and exceptional relationship building skills. Exceptional written and oral expression and comprehension, including excellent presentation skills with an ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions.
- Active Listening and Speaking— giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information and procedures effectively.
- Service Orientation and Social Perceptiveness— actively looking for ways to help people while being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Time and Task Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- People and Inclusion — Always striving to drive our business forward through positive and direct communication, collaboration, respect, acceptance, and professionalism. Understanding how to give and receive feedback, manage conflict positively and work productively with others to solve problems.
Work Scope and Context
- Job is focused on specific area of business with established practices and procedures; job affects many others and many other job roles. Must work with operational timeframes but be flexible to changing priorities. Responsible for ensuring practices and guidelines are modified and updated as needed.
- Decisions are made within scope of expected knowledge, are moderate to complex in nature and are used to create information for others. Decisions and results affect Enablement, Operations, Implementation, Engineering, business decisions, payments and customers or vendors.
- Work affects flow, information, process, and decisions of others; may be front-line service and strategic in nature.
- Requires teamwork, leadership, discretion and deep analysis knowledge and application of data.
- Position requires regular contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on problem solving, reporting and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both in person or electronically and focus on data and reporting.
- Information exchange will include confidential or sensitive information. Accuracy, analysis, and reporting are primary objectives of this position.
- Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer and a telephone. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.
Benefits & Perks
Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements)
Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide
Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time
Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.)
Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations; Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.com or following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Analyst
- Pay Type Salary
- Beaverton, 8905 SW Nimbus Ave., Ste. 240, Beaverton, Oregon, United States of America