Full Stack Software Developer
Full Stack Developer
What We Need
FLEETCOR is currently looking to hire a Full Stack Developer within our Corpay division. This position falls under Corpay Cross Border line of business and is located in Canada. In this role, you will be working in an agile team environment, you will play an integral part of driving our core international payment processing systems forward. You will be helping bring our forex and ecommerce software to the forefront of both technical innovation and the financial industry. Prototyping, designing, reviewing, maintaining, and unit testing code that you deliver to production environment.
This is a great opportunity to participate in cutting edge software development in the financial industry. You will report directly to the Director and regularly collaborate with the Scrum Team.
You will regularly collaborate with stakeholders, other agile teams, and various operations groups, serving as a team liaison and partner. Your hands-on knowledge of design, development, coding, and testing across various technology domains will be counted on to solve complex and mission-critical problems.
You will report directly to the Development Manager and regularly collaborate with the team within the department.
How We Work
As a Full Stack Developer you will be expected to work in a virtual environment. FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
- Assigned workspace in a home office set up
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Translating high-level requirements into detailed technical designs, leading technical discussions, collaborating with other technologists, architects and infrastructure experts
- Writing or reviewing code for various applications and services according to the technical design documents
- Designing, developing and implementing unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development
- Ensuring adherence to business requirements, architecture principles, quality and security standards
- Participating in Scrum ceremonies, helps to remove roadblocks, adheres to Agile practices
- Proactively identifying system improvement opportunities, embraces a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Conducting technical research, generating POCs for new technologies, software components and tools, documenting adoption path and usage, and mentoring junior team members
- Organizing troubleshooting discussions, code fixes and rapid response to production issues
- Reporting to the Software Development Team Lead
Qualifications & Skills
- Backend: .NET C#, WebAPI, SQL Server, NServiceBus, SignalR, ASP.NET
- Frontend: React, Typescript, SCSS / LESS, Enzyme + Jest/Mocha, ASP.NET, VB6
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Follow best development practices (e.g. Agile, clean code, unit tests, continuous integration) and apply your experience to new and evolving environments
- Build and maintain robust and scalable code to support innovative features
- Work constructively in a group as well as individually
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with Product Owners, Developers, Scrum Master, and QA
- Motivated to learn and keep up with new technologies and apply them appropriately
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits available the 1st month after hire
- Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements)
- Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide
- Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time
- Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.)
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.com or following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada