Controller - CORD Financial Services, LLC
The Controller is responsible for providing leadership to the Accounting Department. This hands-on position is responsible for all aspects of the accounting cycle including, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, and developing and maintaining internal control policies and procedures. The Controller will serve as a business advisor to CORD’s Management Team, providing financial oversight for the company. In addition, this position has direct supervisory responsibilities within the accounting department and will serve as a coach and mentor for other positions within the department.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
- Directs and oversees the activities of the CORD Accounting department including accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports (internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits); accounts payable activities including disbursements, reconciliations, expense reports, cash control and payroll review; accounts receivables activities including, collections and reconciliations; ensures closing activities are accurate and on-time, and performs cash flow analysis.
- Develops, monitors, and ensures a system of internal controls including control of cash in the ATM loading cycle. This includes establishing the level of cash for each region, investigating any cash shortages, and reviewing and approving monthly reports.
- Oversees the Settlement Team to ensure ATMs are setup accurately and on-time at both the processor level and in CORD's ATM management system.
- Develops and maintains the annual budget and forecasting models.
- Leads and motivates a high-performance team consisting of an Assistant Controller, Accountants, and Accounting Specialists.
- Prepares tax rendititions and business licenses (form 1099 reporting, Ad Valorem taxes, business licenses, and sales tax rendititions).
- Partners with CORD's leadership team to prepare financial models for large projects and acquisitions.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a active CPA, 10+ years’ progressive accounting experience; 5+ years’ management experience – in an accounting department; must be highly analytical; possess advanced skills in MS Office Suite; strong experience with accounting ERP systems; excellent time management and prioritization skills; must possess professional communication skills – both written and verbal.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- Temple, TX, USA