Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer strategically plans, implements, maintains, and actively optimizes both on-premises datacenter infrastructure (servers, storage, backup) and cloud infrastructure (compute, storage, security) to ensure the highest uptime availability, reliability, and cost efficiency across the enterprise. This key position within the Information Technology team is the senior administrator of all infrastructure-based hardware/ related software systems (Office 365, Windows Server, VMware, SAN storage, Disaster Recovery processes and similar), and is required to actively evaluate and roadmap upgrades and leverage new industry technologies for the ongoing IT transformation.
The ideal candidate possesses a service-oriented mentality, a high sense of ownership, and the ability to execute both strategically for technology evaluation and adoption, and tactically to resolve daily issues, overcome roadblocks and ensure timely and efficient support of the customer. In addition, this position assists with the management of the corporate network, desktop systems, store infrastructure and peripherals from both a support troubleshooting and resolution standpoint. The position owns and leads the evaluation of not only current infrastructure and systems but also the definition, on-going evolution and management of the processes, standards, and practices within the infrastructure area, acting as evaluator of system compliance to infrastructure standards within the current IT roadmap and overall strategic technology vision.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
- Defines and executes the processes for system installations, system maintenance and upgrades to both internal and cloud-based computer hardware and software systems.
- Leads projects to deploy the release of new technologies, as well as the design, installation, configuration, maintenance and system integration planning, documenting, testing, and validation.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve the reliability, performance, and cost efficiency of systems.
- Defines the company’s IT standards, processes and practices for enterprise infrastructure related systems and platforms.
- Owner of system disaster recovery planning, on-going setup, maintenance, and execution of quarterly test validations
- Architects and administrates cloud system and data infrastructure, actively evaluates, and proposes the leverage of cloud-based tools and new technologies.
- Owner and architect of evaluating, recommending, scheduling, and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades, patches, configuration changes and repairs.
- Leverage industry and vendor relationships to research, evaluate, and recommend new and emerging software and hardware tools and platforms.
- Owner and gatekeeper of hardware support and maintenance agreements, software licensing, system certificate expiration tracking and renewals.
- Lead owner of Website hosting platform and web domain management
- Infrastructure key relationship lead for new product and support service interaction with major vendor partners: Microsoft, HP, Dell, Mitel, Mimecast, Carbon Black, and others.
6+ years’ experience implementing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting:
- Microsoft Azure
- VMWare 6.7 and up
- ESXi Hosts
- Exchange and Office 365 Platform
- Microsoft Operating systems (e.g., Server 2016, 2019, and 2022, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, and Security).
- Backup and disaster recovery solutions.
Must have the following experience:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2016, and 2019 (3+ years)
- Microsoft Systems Center 2016 and up (3+ years)
- Administration and architecting of Azure Cloud workloads (3+ years)
- Carbon Black
- HP Nibble or other tier 1 SAN technologies
- Troubleshooting and configuring peripherals
- Proven experience working with major 3rd party IT vendors and service providers to build and leverage relationships to ensure the best quality of service is achieved.
- Proven experience moving systems from on-prem to cloud.
- Proven experience defining, implementing, and managing infrastructure processes, practices, and standards (both on-prem and in the cloud).
- Knowledge of PCI Compliance standards and ITIL foundation principles.
- Certifications: MCSA, and/or MCTS, and A+.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must possess strong customer service skills and the ability to empathize with customers.
- Must be highly self-motivated.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Temple, TX, USA