Software Cloud Engineer
The Cloud Software Engineer develops and customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. This position will evaluate requirements, propose alternatives, implement solutions, as well as monitor success criteria.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
- Builds, deploys, and monitors virtual servers, firewalls in Azure to support product and business objectives.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network, servers, and software interconnection and interfacing such as IPSEC, Site-to-Site, and BGP.
- Develops features and capabilities for end-users, either external or internal.
- Configures and customizes vendor-provided packaged software.
- Investigates and proposes solutions to development and design problems.
- Participates in scope-of-work estimation and forecasting.
- Adheres to architecture, design, implementation, and security standards and best practices.
- Conducts analysis to determine integration needs, and design and plan integrations.
- Implements unit and integration tests and conducts functional and performance testing where appropriate.
- Develops reusable software building blocks to ensure faster delivery.
- Improves performance of exiting software by diagnosing and resolving critical issues.
- Prepare technical documentation, including software design evaluation plans, test results and technical manuals.
5 years’ programming experience including:
- Strong proficiency with C#, TSQL, TCP/IP, Networking
- Relational databases
- Azure Cloud platforms
- Windows and Linux OS platforms
- Scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, Perl)
- Must have strong background with networking
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Strong ability to understand context for code, the codebase, and its relation to business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complete technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders both in-person and written.
- Possess the ability to work independently and part of a team.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Temple, TX, USA