The Controller is responsible for leading the CEFCO Accounting department. This hands-on position will assume responsibility for all aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as develop and maintain internal control policies and procedures. In addition, this position has direct supervisory responsibilities within the Accounting department and will serve as a coach and mentor for other positions within the department.
At The Fikes Companies, our Mission is to build a highly successful company which our employees are proud of, our customers value, and the communities we serve can count on.
- Directs the activities of the CEFCO Accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits.
- Oversees the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, petty cash, employee expense reports, cash control, treasury, payroll processing, fixed assets, and total payroll tax compliance.
- Oversees the activities of accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, reconciliations, cash reports, quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports, and check management.
- Performs all closings and issues thoroughly reviewed and polished financial statements consistently on time.
- Ensures monthly sales tax compliance.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhances the Company’s value.
- Oversees the external audit process for Store inventory – both fuel and retail.
- Manages cash flow analysis to ensure proper timing of cash outputs and anticipated cash inputs.
- Oversees permits & licenses for stores.
- Oversees the Pricebook department including all rebate programs.
- Project management for functional and multi-functional initiatives impacting accounting such as leases, item level inventory and EDI invoicing
- Works with outside auditors to complete year-end audits and sales tax audits.
- Responsible for ensuring all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
- Fikes Foundation Accounting point of contact
- Heritage Food Company accounting interface and point of contact
- Assist with year-end consolidation reconciliation
- Annual and new store budget responsibility working with operations to appropriately update the budget within the ERP system
- Ensures performance standards are maintained to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Provides training and staff development with company objectives in mind.
Bachelors degree and CPA, 7+ years’ experience in a fast-paced retail accounting department; 5+ years’ experience managing Accountants or other accounting titles; 5+ years’ experience in a position equivalent to a Controller or Assistant Controller; solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills; experience with PDI Enterprise; possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business practices, financial statements, and government regulations; must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; advanced skills in MS Office Suite; must have strong communication skills with the ability to interact and develop strong internal peer working relationships; strong multi-tasking and time management skills; and be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing initiatives.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Temple, TX, USA