Arlington, VA, USA Req #170
Friday, July 15, 2022
Paradigm, through our independent real estate development, construction and property management companies, delivers a full range of real estate services. Our goal at Paradigm is to create a workplace built on teamwork, respect, and authenticity. Empowering our employees to pursue the company mission, to utilize our hard work, integrity, intelligence and experience to deliver the highest level of value and satisfaction to our residents, investors, customers and employees. We encourage our teams to be the difference!
Are you looking to use and grow your technical and maintenance skills in the residential apartment industry? Paradigm, an award-winning property management company, has transformed the greater Washington, DC area with multi-family residential properties that focus on smart growth, public transit, community spirit and uncompromising customer service. We offer our employees a family-friendly work environment and believe in promoting from within.
We are seeking Service Technicians to join our service team. Our technicians are responsible for assessing and completing work orders for repairs and improvements. You will play a key role in helping us maintain and enhance the value of our apartment communities in the Washington Metropolitan area.
What the Service Technician will be doing:
• Completing service requests to include electrical, plumbing, appliance repairs, carpentry, painting and HVAC repair.
• Preparing apartments when residents move out to new residents moving in, ensuring our company’s quality standards are met.
• Handling on-call service rotations; weather related work and emergency support as needed.
• Assisting with overall maintenance operations and special projects as directed.
• Helping the community meet the expectations of our residents, visitors and owners by working with other maintenance and property department team members to create a positive environment for residents, visitors and staff.
What the Service Technician will need to succeed:
• Residential maintenance experience preferred to include basic plumbing, electrical, painting, general appliance, and carpentry skills. HVAC cert a plus.
• Medium-heavy work requiring prolonged/repeated standing, walking, climbing, and kneeling and working at varying degrees of heights; lifting 100lbs max, frequent lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
• Strong customer service skills, as well as good communication skills.
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance; access to property within 30 minutes for on-call requests.
What we offer our Service Technicians:
• Pay range: $18 - $21 per hour.
• Comprehensive Medical with multiple Dental and Vision options.
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution.
• 401(k) plan with employer match and generous vesting schedule.
• Paid Time Off leave, escalating with length of service.
• Recognition awards and employee referral bonuses.
• Housing rental discount and free on-site parking during work hours.
• In-house professional training and a ‘Promote from Within’ company culture.
Candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, familial, disability or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Arlington, VA, USA