Staff Accountant, Corporate
Arlington, VA, USA Req #423
Wednesday, April 13, 2022
Paradigm, through our independent real estate development, construction and property management companies, delivers a full range of real estate services. Our goal at Paradigm is to create a workplace built on teamwork, respect, and authenticity. Empowering our employees to pursue the company mission, to utilize our hard work, integrity, intelligence and experience to deliver the highest level of value and satisfaction to our residents, investors, customers and employees. We encourage our teams to be the difference!
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Staff Accountant to join our team in Arlington, VA. As the Staff Accountant, you will prepare and maintain financial records for a select portfolio of multi-family properties.
What the Staff Accountant will be doing:
• Assist the accounting department with the daily, monthly, and annual activities such as generating financial reports and administering vendor payments.
• Assist with maintaining accurate and complete accounting records, such as ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and other property operations information.
• Calculate appropriate accruals, record journal entries, reconcile bank statements and complete other related tasks.
• Assist with accounts payable transaction postings and vendor communications including speaking with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
• Maintain account balances and bank statements.
• Manage general ledger and assist month-end/year-end closing processes.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting reports.
What the Staff Accountant will need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field preferred.
• Minimum of two years general ledger and accounts payable experience as an accountant or specialist.
• Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel. Direct working experience with accounting enterprise software packages including Entrata, AMSI, YARDI, and MRI, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, standards, and through knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and accounting control principles.
The benefits we offer our Staff Accountants:
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• Comprehensive medical with multiple Dental and Vision options.
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution.
• 401(k) plan with employer match and generous vesting schedule.
• Paid Time Off leave, escalating with length of service.
• Recognition awards and employee referral bonuses.
• Housing rental discount and free on-site parking during work hours.
• In-house professional training and a ‘Promote from Within’ company culture.
Candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, familial, disability or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Arlington, VA, USA