Compliance Specialist, Tax Credit Community, Ballston Park
Arlington, VA, USA Req #511
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Paradigm, through our independent real estate development, construction and property management companies, delivers a full range of real estate services. Our goal at Paradigm is to create a workplace built on teamwork, respect, and authenticity. Empowering our employees to pursue the company mission, to utilize our hard work, integrity, intelligence and experience to deliver the highest level of value and satisfaction to our residents, investors, customers and employees. We encourage our teams to be the difference!
We are seeking a Compliance Specialist to handle the low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) efforts as it relates to the affordable housing requirements at one of our apartment communities in the Ballston area in Arlington, VA.
What the Compliance Specialist will be doing:
• Delivering outstanding customer service to prospective residents, current residents, and visitors.
• Manage tenant file reviews to ensure compliance during the initial qualification process as well as throughout the compliance period as required and regulated under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code and other applicable programs.
• Interviewing prospective and current residents as part of the tenant income certification process.
• Collection and handling of all prospects/resident’s financial information necessary to determine eligibility, to include bank and earnings statements, credit reports
• Completing audit preparation or corrections as assigned by the Assistant Director/Director of Compliance.
• Maintaining property wait list in accordance with company policy.
• Leading tours of the community, capturing rental commitments and handling related responsibilities from application process to successful move-in.
• Completing marketing activities and preparing leasing related reports.
• Assisting with resident relations and general administrative duties for the compliance department by maintaining reports, filing, scanning, and organizing data.
• Work Schedule includes weekends.
What the Compliance Specialist will need to succeed:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the LIHTC program within the property management or asset management environment.
• Must have strong knowledge of the LIHTC program and Fair Housing Laws.
• Experience in the tenant income certification process for the LIHTC program.
• Customer service experience in a related service field. Residential leasing and LIHTC/Affordable housing knowledge preferred.
• College degree in a relatable field from an accredited college a plus.
• Affordable Housing/Tax Credit certification preferred (C3P, HCCP, HCP-E, COS, TCS, CPO, FHC, NAHP, NAHPe, SCHM, etc.).
• Participate in regular training and continuing education to remain abreast of changes in the affordable housing requirements.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel and Outlook and Powerpoint.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and familiarity with professional business writing. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Strong organizational skills with accuracy in work and ability to multi-task as well as good mathematical skills.
• Exhibit sound judgment, ability to use available resources to research issues, ability to seek guidance and communicate openly with direct supervisor.
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
What we offer our Compliance Specialists:
• Leasing Commissions tiered on leasing performance.
• Comprehensive Medical with multiple Dental and Vision options.
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution.
• 401(k) Plan with employer match and generous vesting schedule.
• Paid Time Off leave, escalating with length of service.
• Recognition awards and employee referral bonuses.
• Housing rental discount and free on-site parking during work hours.
• In-house and external professional training and a ‘Promote from Within’ company culture.
Candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, familial, disability or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Arlington, VA, USA