Assistant Property Manager, Arlington View Terrace
We are seeking an experienced and motivated property management professional to join our team at one of our apartment communities in Arlington, VA. This is a 77-unit garden style property, with an additional 77 newly constructed units being delivered soon. As the Assistant Property Manager, you will assist in achieving the operational and financial goals of the property.
What the Assistant Property Manager will be doing:
• Assisting the Property Manager with the daily operations of the property which may include direct oversight of the leasing and marketing efforts.
• Assisting with the lease-up of a brand-new building containing 77 LIHTC (including 30 Project Based Section 8 HUD) units.
• Assisting with achieving leasing benchmarks and property goals.
• Handling prospect and resident relations.
• Preparing property invoices, assisting in rent receivables, managing delinquencies, and performing property inspections.
• Assisting with the income certification process at move-in and annually thereafter
• Assisting in the development of operating budgets, business plans and mandatory property reports.
• Assisting with the planning of and attending resident functions.
• Insuring prospective and current residents’ compliance with the affordable housing requirements.
• Delivering outstanding customer service to prospective residents, current residents, and visitors.
What the Assistant Property Manager will need to succeed:
• Prior residential leasing or sales and customer relations experience required. Lease-up experience a plus.
• HUD/LIHTC/Affordable housing knowledge strongly preferred, college degree a plus.
• Experience with Property Management software, Yardi experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve staff and resident issues and be objective in handing various situations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Basic mathematical skills required.
• Experience working in social media platforms and marketing a plus.
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
The benefits the Assistant Property Manager will receive (upon eligibility):
• Comprehensive Medical with multiple Dental and Vision options.
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution.
• 401(k) plan with employer match and generous vesting schedule.
• Paid Time Off leave, escalating with length of service.
• Recognition awards and employee referral bonuses.
• Free on-site parking during work hours.
• In-house professional training and a ‘Promote from Within’ company culture.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
- Pay Type Salary
- Arlington, VA, USA