Assistant Superintendent, Washington Metropolitan
Washington, DC, USA Req #479
Friday, August 19, 2022
Paradigm, through our independent real estate development, construction and property management companies, delivers a full range of real estate services. Our goal at Paradigm is to create a workplace built on teamwork, respect, and authenticity. Empowering our employees to pursue the company mission, to utilize our hard work, integrity, intelligence and experience to deliver the highest level of value and satisfaction to our residents, investors, customers and employees. We encourage our teams to be the difference!
Paradigm Contractors, LLC, a leader in the construction of multi-family residential properties, has consistently been recognized among the best builders in the Mid-Atlantic Region. We share our client’s desire to construct the highest quality buildings in a timely and cost-effective manner to offer a distinct competitive advantage. We are seeking experienced Assistant Superintendent to assist with the planning and coordination of construction jobs in the Washington Metropolitan area.
What the Assistant Superintendent will be doing:
• Advises Superintendent or Project Manager of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. Assists in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
• Provides liaison between field engineering, estimating, and subcontractors to ensure compliance of construction with drawings and specifications at the direction of the Areas and/or Lead Superintendent.
• Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, materials quantities, equipment, requirements, etc. are maintained, including field engineering and construction activities.
• Perform quality control activities as required.
• Monitor work performance and productivity of crafts to ensure project procedures, safety requirements, and quality controls are maintained.
• Maintain liaison with Superintendent and Project Manager as required to support construction schedule. May provide assistance to the Superintendent in resolving problems.
What the Assistant Superintendent will need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience preferred.
• 5 years construction experience.
• 3 years supervisory experience.
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost and quality control, engineering drawings and other documents.
• Ability to supervise and evaluate craft performance.
• Must have excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Must be able to take direction well from others and prioritize responsibilities so that deadlines are met.
The benefits you will receive working at Paradigm (upon eligibility):
• Competitive salary and potential performance bonuses.
• Comprehensive medical plan dental and vision options.
• Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution.
• 401(k) Plan with employer match and generous vesting schedule.
• Paid Time Off leave, escalating with length of service.
Candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, familial, disability or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Washington, DC, USA