Principle Data Engineer
Company Overview and Culture
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. Bringing together deep domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, and AI, we create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations in industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, and retail, among others. Focused on creating value from data for driving faster decision-making and transforming operating models, EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect. Headquartered in New York, our team is over 40,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For information, visit www.exlservice.com.
For the past 20 years, EXL has worked as a strategic partner and won awards in its approach to helping its clients solve business challenges such as digital transformation, improving customer experience, streamlining business operations, taking products to market faster, improving corporate finance, building models to become compliant more quickly with new regulations, turning volumes of data into business opportunities, creating new channels for growth and better adapting to change. The business operates within four business units: Insurance, Health, Analytics, and Emerging businesses.
Python, Pyspark/Spark, SQL, Data Lake (ON Prem or cloud) AWS, Snowflake.
The Data Engineer’s role is to play a lead role in developing a high-performance data platform, integrating data from a variety of internal and external sources, in order to support data and analytics activities. This is a technical role that involves defining changes to the warehouse data model and building scalable and efficient processes to populate or modify warehouse data. The successful candidate will have hands-on data processing and data modeling experience in cloud and on-prem environments.
- Be a technical lead in the development of high-volume platforms to drive decisions and have a tangible beneficial impact on our clients and on business results.
- Design and implement efficient data pipelines (ETLs) in order to integrate data from a variety of sources into Data Warehouse.
- Design and implement data model changes that align with warehouse standards.
- Design and implement backfill or other warehouse data management processes.
- Develop and execute testing strategies to ensure high quality warehouse data.
- Provide documentation, training, and consulting for data warehouse users.
- Perform requirement and data analysis in order to support warehouse project definition.
- Provide input and feedback to support continuous improvement in team processes.
- Experience in working both, On-Prem and Cloud (AWS preferred).
- Responsible for leading the team onsite and off shore with technical leadership and guidance.
- 5+ years in a Data Engineering role
- 7+ years hands on experience with SQL:
- Ability to write/ interpret SQL and Complex Joins/ Queries
- Execution plan and SQL optimization (Oracle SQL Profiler)
- o 3+ years coding experience (Python and/or PySpark).
- o 3+ years hands on experience with big data and cloud technologies (Snowflake, EMR, Redshift, or similar technologies) is highly preferred
- Schema design and architecture on snowflake
- Architecture and design experience with AWS cloud
- AWS services expertise: S3, RDS, EC2, ETL services (Glue, Kinesis)
- Consumption layer design experience for reporting and dashboard
- Expert level understanding and experience of ETL fundamentals and building efficient data pipelines.
- 3+ years at least - Enterprise GitHub – branch, release, DevOps, CI/CD pipeline.
- Team player, Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Master’s Degree (or a B.S. degree with relevant industry experience) in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field.
Base Salary Range Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of the EXL base salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to: location and experience. The base salary range listed is just one component of EXL's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bonuses, as well as a Paid Time Off policy, and many region specific benefits.
- Job Start Date Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Job End Date Friday, October 28, 2022
- Phoenix, AZ, USA