Data Engineer, Retail & Media
Company Overview and Culture
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. Bringing together deep domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, and AI, we create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations in industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, and retail, among others. Focused on creating value from data for driving faster decision-making and transforming operating models, EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect. Headquartered in New York, our team is over 40,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For information, visit www.exlservice.com.
For the past 20 years, EXL has worked as a strategic partner and won awards in its approach to helping its clients solve business challenges such as digital transformation, improving customer experience, streamlining business operations, taking products to market faster, improving corporate finance, building models to become compliant more quickly with new regulations, turning volumes of data into business opportunities, creating new channels for growth and better adapting to change. The business operates within four business units: Insurance, Health, Analytics, and Emerging businesses.
EXL provides consulting and analytics support to fortune 500 companies across multiple industry domains. For this role, you will be supporting the Retail & Media clients in US, helping them with their technology & data roadmap building and implementation. Some of your responsibilities include –
- Building a technology roadmap with best in class practices, tools, solutions and modular framework
- Collaborate with various teams & facilitate data design, identify architectural risks and key areas of improvement in data landscape, and developing and refining data models and architecture frameworks
- Technical experience and knowledge in Cloud / On Prem Data Warehousing (Data migration and data transformation
- Develop and test ETL components to high standards of data quality and performance as a hands-on development lead
- Familiarity with Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, MDM, BI, Dashboards, AI, ML
- Design data architecture patterns and ecosystems including data stores (operational systems, data lakes, data warehouses, data marts), ingress patterns (API, streaming, ETL/ELT), and egress patterns (analytics/decision tools, BI tools). Lead, consult or oversee multiple architectural engagements
- Oversee and contribute to the creation and maintenance of relevant data artifacts (data lineages, source to target mappings, high level designs, interface agreements, etc.) in compliance with enterprise level architecture standards
- Experience in leading and delivering data centric projects with concentration on Data Quality and adherence to data standards and best practices
- Experience in data modeling, metadata support, development and testing for enterprise wide data solutions
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Data analytics, Computer Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics, related analytics field or any Engineering degree) from top-tier universities, preferably with strong record of achievement
- 5+ years of data engineering experience
- Knowledge of Pyspark, Shell scripting, SQL, Python & some of the standard data science packages (Pandas, Numpy, etc.).
- Expertise in ETL, Data architecture and Data modeling
- Expertise working in Relational and Big Data platforms, including MySQL, and large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark
- Expertise in Data Engineering, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Lake, Data Warehousing and Reporting/Analytics concepts
- Expertise building Data pipelines, Data Lakes and Data Warehouses in AWS / On Prem
- Expertise in data analysis and writing and developing complex queries using SQL
- Experience in designing Big Data Solution Designs, data models
Base Salary Range Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of the EXL base salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to: location and experience. The base salary range listed is just one component of EXL's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bonuses, as well as a Paid Time Off policy, and many region specific benefits.
- Pay Type Salary