Business Intelligence Developer, Retail & Media
Company Overview and Culture
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. Bringing together deep domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, and AI, we create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations in industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, and retail, among others. Focused on creating value from data for driving faster decision-making and transforming operating models, EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect. Headquartered in New York, our team is over 40,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For information, visit www.exlservice.com.
For the past 20 years, EXL has worked as a strategic partner and won awards in its approach to helping its clients solve business challenges such as digital transformation, improving customer experience, streamlining business operations, taking products to market faster, improving corporate finance, building models to become compliant more quickly with new regulations, turning volumes of data into business opportunities, creating new channels for growth and better adapting to change. The business operates within four business units: Insurance, Health, Analytics, and Emerging businesses.
EXL provides consulting and analytics support to fortune 500 companies across multiple industry domains. For this role, you will be supporting the Retail & Media clients in US, in generating, organizing, and maintaining business interfaces. Some of your responsibilities include –
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards
- Translating business needs into technical specifications.
- Developing reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision-making.
- Develop, design, and analyze data architecture and data warehouses
- Using warehouse data to generate reports to support business decision-making and business performance monitoring.
- Maintaining data analytics platforms.
- Evaluating and improving existing BI systems.
- Conducting troubleshooting on BI models.
- Generating and delivering quality reports to stakeholders and performing quality assurance checks on reports.
- Contribute to the team through mentorship, technical methods, improvements in how we work
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Data analytics, Computer Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics, related analytics field or any Engineering degree) from top-tier universities, preferably with strong record of achievement
- 5+ years of experience as a BI Developer
- Experience in data warehouse design and working knowledge of BI technologies
- Adept at the use of BI reporting tools such as Tableau, Board, Power BI, Domo, Looker, MicroStrategy, Cognos Analytics, Oracle Analytics Cloud, QlikView, Dundas BI, Sisense, Spotfire, Pentaho, SAP BusinessObjects ThoughtSpot
- Understanding data modeling, data schemas (normalized, flat, star, snowflake)
- Understanding data and query optimization, query profiling, and query performance monitoring tools and techniques
- Perform SQL queries - design, code, test, and aggregate the results to create useful information
- Knowledge of Pyspark, Shell scripting, Python & some of the standard data science packages (Pandas, Numpy, etc.).
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills, keen intellectual curiosity, strong attention to detail and sense of drive.
- Creating and maintaining business requirements and other technical documentation
- Prior experience in management consulting and/or analytics based consulting is a plus
Base Salary Range Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of the EXL base salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to: location and experience. The base salary range listed is just one component of EXL's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bonuses, as well as a Paid Time Off policy, and many region specific benefits.
- Pay Type Salary