AVP, Insurance Analytics P&C
Company Overview and Culture
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. Bringing together deep domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, and AI, we create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations in industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, media, and retail, among others. Focused on creating value from data for driving faster decision-making and transforming operating models, EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect. Headquartered in New York, our team is over 40,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For information, visit www.exlservice.com.
For the past 20 years, EXL has worked as a strategic partner and won awards in its approach to helping its clients solve business challenges such as digital transformation, improving customer experience, streamlining business operations, taking products to market faster, improving corporate finance, building models to become compliant more quickly with new regulations, turning volumes of data into business opportunities, creating new channels for growth and better adapting to change. The business operates within four business units: Insurance, Health, Analytics, and Emerging businesses.
P&C Insurance Analytics AVP
EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary, award-winning Business EXLerator Framework™, which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 24,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Latin America, Australia and South Africa.
EXL Analytics provides data-driven, action-oriented solutions to business problems through statistical data mining, cutting edge analytics techniques and a consultative approach. Leveraging proprietary methodology and best-of-breed technology, EXL Analytics takes an industry-specific approach to transform our clients’ decision making and embed analytics more deeply into their business processes. Our global footprint of nearly 2,000 data scientists and analysts assist client organizations with complex risk minimization methods, advanced marketing, pricing and CRM strategies, internal cost analysis, and cost and resource optimization within the organization. EXL Analytics serves the insurance, healthcare, banking, capital markets, utilities, retail and e-commerce, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
Please visit www.exlservice.comfor more information about EXL Analytics.
Role & Responsibilities Overview:
- Expected to work in close collaboration with the Client team and EXL team on establishing relationship with stakeholders, identify new opportunities, areas of growth
- Develop long-lasting, trusted advisor relationships with clients
- Provide Project, Client & Team Management and Monitor progress of deliverables on daily basis and ensures timely resolution of any issues
- Ensure Industry best practices are followed, Communicate and follow up with delivery team
- Brainstorming on pain areas/Identifying reasons for issues/Issue Resolution,
- Provide technical direction to project team members across data modeling, data manipulation, visualization, predictive modeling, Reporting and Automation projects across Insurance Value Chain
- Facilitate client working sessions and lead recurring project status meetings
- Manage day-to-day project operations, serve as the functional and domain expert on the project team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in economics, mathematics, computer science/engineering, operations research or related analytics areas; candidates with BA/BS degrees in the same fields from the top tier academic institutions are also welcome to apply
- 7-12 years’ experience, with atleast 5 years in insurance analytics (preferably in P&C Insurance)
- Experience in working in dual shore engagement and must have experience in managing clients directly
- Competitor analysis
- Complete understanding and demonstrated experience of SAS, SQL, Visualization tools like Power BI/Tableau, Python and various modeling techniques
- Managerial experience in leading analytics teams including career management of offshore staff, training, recruiting
- Demonstrated leadership ability and willingness to take initiative
- Strong record of achievement, solid analytical ability, and an entrepreneurial hands-on approach to work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges
- Is able to understand cross cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe
- Experience across different function of analytics value chain – Data Engineering, Reporting & Viz. , Insight generations, Predictive modeling
- Experience in advance analytics – Pred mod, ML/AI/ NLP etc. using Python/R/SAS
What we offer:
- EXL Analytics offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions. From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class analytics consultants.
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- Analytics requires different skill sets at different levels within the organization. At EXL Analytics, we invest heavily in training you in all aspects of analytics as well as in leading analytical tools and techniques.
- We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
- Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Analytics sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond.
Base Salary Range Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of the EXL base salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to: location and experience. The base salary range listed is just one component of EXL's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bonuses, as well as a Paid Time Off policy, and many region specific benefits.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $150,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $165,000.00
- Chicago, IL, USA