PBX Operator - FULL TIME - The Guest House at Graceland
Become a part of the exciting growth at Graceland!
Since opening to the public in 1982, Elvis Presley's Graceland has hosted over 20 million visitors from every state in the union and nearly every country of the world. Graceland welcomes over 500,000 visitors each year, is one of the five most visited home tours in the United States, and is the most famous home in America after The White House.
In 1991, Graceland was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2006, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Graceland visitors come from all walks of life, all ages, all musical tastes, all income levels, all educational backgrounds, and all parts of the world.
Our employees are ambassadors to Memphis and work hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with the same southern hospitality that Elvis Presley was known for.
This is a Full-Time position located in the Operations Department at The Guest House at Graceland under the direction of the Front Office Managing Staff. Working variable and flexible days with working hours to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime, and on-premises catering as required. Benefits will be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) day introductory period. Rate of pay for this position is $15.00 per hour. This is an internal/external recruitment.
The Operator is responsible for ensuring efficient communication within, to and from the hotel while maintaining attentive, courteous, and efficient customer service. Handle incoming/outgoing calls in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner, according to standard operating.
- Answer all telephone calls within 3 rings and connect them to their appropriate extensions.
- Log all call information and keep for records.
- Assist Guest Service Staff with preparing for next day guest arrivals.
- Must be able to communicate articulately and comprehend written and verbal communication.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Always maintain positive guest relations and resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments, and location; all room rates, special packages, and promotions; daily house count and expected arrivals/departures; room availability status for any given day; scheduled daily group activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of daily hotel operations; must be able to communicate both in person and on the telephone with a wide variety of individuals; ability to work quickly and accurately under constant pressure; ability to maintain confidentiality; skill to exercise tact and diplomacy during discussions with hotel guests who may become irate and upset; ability to problem solve; must demonstrate superior guest services/relations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to speak clearly and distinctly both in person and on the telephone; lift packages weighing up to twenty-five (25) lbs.; ability to stoop and reach; ability to climb stairs; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
CONDTIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Identification badge and uniform is required; must exhibit a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance at all times. Work in a no smoking area; must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required; must be able to work holidays; ability to maintain confidentiality.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Experience in the hospitality and/or hotel industry and/or equivalent education in hotel hospitality/business administration.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply online at www.gracelandjobs.com. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. We are an equal opportunity employer. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3734 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA