Accounting - Project Development Accountant
Senior/Project Development Accountant reports directly to the Development Accounting Controller. Responsible for processing and tracking of costs, contracts and commitments for assigned projects as well as coordination of lender funding. Prepare journal entries, monthly financial statements and reconciliations including bank, job cost and other account reconciliations, and is the primary accounting resource supporting the development function for assigned projects and entities. Manages multiple, deadline-oriented tasks in fast-paced environment.
- Track contracts, commitments and budget categories for assigned projects and report on such to Project Managers and other internal senior management.
- Process invoices and other payables for assigned projects, route for appropriate approvals and post for payment.
- Research and resolve any vendor or invoice issues as needed.
- Run payable reports weekly and request check and/or wire payments as needed and approved to ensure timely payment of all invoices.
- Prepare and submit loan draws monthly or as needed, including gathering and organizing all supporting documentation.
- Continue to follow-up with the lender and resolve issues through the draw funding.
- Provide monthly development or pre-development cost reporting to Senior Management and Project Managers on assigned projects.
- Create journal entries in the Yardi general ledger.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including bank reconciliations and other reports as requested or required.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets for each property as outlined in the budget checklist or as requested.
- Assist Project Managers with all accounting related schedules and act as their primary source of accounting information for assigned projects.
- Assist Finance Department with financial models and projections as requested.
- Compile and create reports and spreadsheets for investors as requested.
- Create and maintain all work papers, reconciliations and back-up in appropriate files
- Provide quarterly financial statements to lenders to meet lender compliance requirements.
- Correspond directly with investors and lenders as needed, answer any questions they may have and provide information as requested.
- Supply information for completion of the tax returns as requested by the Controller or Managing Directors.
- Interface as needed with third party property management of assigned portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Strong knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, entries and financial statements specifically relate to the real estate industry. Ability to compose, proofread, spell check and edit correspondence. Demonstrate organizational and clerical skills including complex math calculations and records maintenance. Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written, oral, telephone). Demonstrate ability to listen to and accurately interpret instructions. Must be a team player with the ability to adjust to changing situations and priorities. Must be able to adapt to ever changing technology. Strong organization skills. Utilizes self-discipline, critical thinking skills and the ability to self-direct. Exercises superb attention to detail. Adheres to high quality standards in all written and oral communications. Cooperates fully with instructions from management. Maintains ability to work both independently and with others in a professional, productive and cooperative manner.
REQUIRED SKILL LEVELS
- MS Word: Intermediate (formatting, mail merge, markup, etc.)
- MS Excel: Intermediate - Intermediate (sumif formulas, pivot tables, V/H lookup, etc.)
- MS Outlook: Intermediate (contact management, meetings, task functions, etc.)
- Grammar, Oral &Written Communication: Advanced
- Adobe Acrobat or Similar PDF Program: Intermediate (merging and editing documents, annotations)
- Windows: Basic (save, rename, cut documents, etc.)
- Accounting Software Program: Advanced (Yardi Voyager preferred)
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years accounting experience, preferably in the real estate industry.
Senior Project Development Accountant should have extensive general ledger and reconciliation accounting experience.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, September 19, 2022
- Arizona Corp - Phoenix, 4722 N 24th Street, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America