Security - Director
Ensemble Services, East Office, 150 Rouse Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America Req #25
Friday, December 16, 2022
Ensemble Investments is an entrepreneurial commercial real estate investment firm that specializes in the investment, development and management of hotel, multi-family, and life-science assets. Ensemble has a proven track record of investing with a variety of capital partners including institutional partners along with other high net worth private capital sources. Ensemble has tripled its AUM over the last 5 years to well over $2 billion and continues to expand rapidly with an active pipeline in excess of $3 billion.
Ensemble Investments is a highly flexible and entrepreneurial commercial real estate investment firm that specializes in the investment, development and management of hotel, multi-family, office, life-science and healthcare assets. Ensemble has a proven track record of investing with a variety of capital partners including institutional partners along with other high net worth private capital sources. Ensemble has tripled its AUM over the last 5 years and continues to expand rapidly with an active pipeline in excess of $3 billion.
Ensemble is looking to hire a highly motivated Director of Security with strong management skills to hold an integral role at the Firm’s Philadelphia Office. This role will provide the highest possible level of customer service and support to ensure long term tenant occupancy. The primary functions of this position are to oversee and provide effective direction and suggestions for any security related aspects and issues at the properties in the Philadelphia region. Work closely with Property Management to review safety and emergency plans. Assist General Manager with supervision of third-party security staff members under contract with Ensemble and work with the Ensemble Development team as needed to advise on anything security related for projects being designed and constructed.
• Oversee and manage on-site contracted security service staff. Work with third party
Account Manager to ensure uninterrupted service and sick/vacation coverage for all security staff.
• Ensure Post Orders for third party team members are being followed. Review annually and update as needed.
• Foster a team atmosphere with both internal and outsourced personnel.
• Proactively analyze, identify, and oversee the implementation of security related processes and procedures.
• Create disaster/emergency preparedness plans.
• Review and update emergency documentation and verify on an on-going basis that all building security and emergency policies and procedures are followed, are reviewed and remain up to date.
• Participate in the scheduling and planning of safety/emergency drills.
• Consult tenants on their emergency plans and security concerns/questions.
• Develop relationships with local emergency responders and tenants to ensure proper codes and safety requirements are followed at the buildings.
• Work with Navy Yard Security as needed to review emergency plans, response and event planning.
• Consult and recommend as needed modifications to existing access and camera surveillance systems as well as future development.
• Provide security and customer service-related services to the 150 Rouse Blvd. building following post orders already established for the building. Post Orders include greeting tenants and guests, monitoring site for security, unsafe or suspicious situations, observe, controlling and monitoring all access and egress to the building and managing the lobby desk.
• At 150 Rouse, where the position will be stationed, assist couriers and direct deliveries to the appropriate suites.
• Document incidents/events across the portfolio as needed and report to Property Management.
• Report safety hazards as needed.
• Typical normal working business hours, but ability to work variety of shifts as business demands dictate.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Previous security management experience required with law enforcement experience a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Precise documentation and report writing skills
• Diplomatic communication skills
• Sound judgment and decision-making skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to remain calm in emergency or sensitive situations
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Ability to obtain a CPR Certification and train for Basic First Aid Skills
• Advanced training/certifications in safety/security preferred.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job and may be amended by Ensemble Investments at any time.
Salary and position dependent upon candidate’s level of experience and relative proficiency working in a leadership capacity. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, life insurance, 401K and Associate discounts at participating properties.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 5
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Ensemble Services, East Office, 150 Rouse Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America