Employee Experience Manager
DESCRIPTION: Employee Experience Manager (EEM) reports directly to the Corporate Director of Human Resources of Ensemble Services, LLC. as a part of the Operations Team. This role will work closely with the Corporate Director of Human Resources and the Human Resources Coordinator. The EEM manages all HR-related functions for the Managed Hotel Portfolio and Corporate Office. The EEM assists with all aspects of an employee’s lifecycle in the workplace. The EEM manages multiple, deadline-oriented tasks in fast-paced environment.
- Assist with maintaining all HR related databases – HRIS, timekeeping, payroll, employee insurance policies, FSA & 401k plans, employee records, etc.
- Support efforts for talent management including recruitment, best practices for on-boarding, and employee retention
- Identify and create partnerships with new employee resources such J1 internships, university job fairs and management trainee programs
- Create and streamline company recognition and rewards programs
- Create communication channels to share information on a consistent basis with employees at the hotels and at corporate office
- Engage employees in community activities to increase our stewardship efforts
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training, and compliance and safety programs
- Works with management on succession planning and assists with task force placements when a need arises
- Assists Corporate Director of Human Resources with compensation strategies and compensation survey management
- Employee Opinion Survey administration and action planning
- Stay current on employment laws, legal codes, government regulations, etc., evaluating events and processes to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and standards
- Serve on wellness committee to support efforts for the hotels and corporate office
- Field human resources and benefits questions for all locations
- Provide HR advice and support to all managers and executives, including acting as liaison to employment law attorney
- Implement company Standard Operating Procedures and communicate the procedures to all entities of the company
- Occasional travel for Ensemble business to various locations
- Assist with Task Force HR Department coverage as needed
- Flexibility with work hours and ability to work as needed to assist the team with projects and deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS: Ability to compose, proofread, spell check and edit correspondence. Demonstrate organizational and clerical skills including basic math calculations and records maintenance. Ability to create spreadsheets, charts, and reports for data analysis, billing statements and reconciliations. Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written, oral, telephone). Demonstrate ability to listen to and accurately interpret and carry out instructions. Must be a team player with the ability to adjust to changing situations and priorities. Must be able to adapt to ever changing technology. Ability to keep one’s self organized. Ability to hold confidences in cases of confidential matters. Utilizes self-discipline, critical thinking skills and the ability to self-direct. Exercises superb attention to detail. Adheres to high quality standards in all written and oral communications. Cooperates fully with instructions from management. Maintains ability to work both independently and with others in a professional, productive and cooperative manner. Maintain familiarity with and follow all company policies and procedures.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS: Excellent working knowledge of the Internet, HRIS experienced user, payroll processing skills, facilitation of meetings and trainings, project management and MS Office Suite experience.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required. Five or more years of Human Resources and Hospitality experience required.
LOCATION: 4 days in the Long Beach Office, 1 day remote work.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English required and Spanish preferred.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, March 27, 2023
- Ensemble Services, Long Beach, 444 West Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, California, United States of America