Associate HR Generalist - (Contract through September 2023)
For more than 30 years, ECI Software Solutions has been providing industry-specific, cloud-based business management software and services to small and medium-sized businesses. With divisions focused on manufacturing, wholesale/retail distribution, building and construction, and field service, ECI's solutions integrate into every aspect of a customers' business to help them level the playing field, run day-to-day operations more efficiently, and free them up to focus on what matters most. It’s how business gets done.
To apply for this position, please attach a detailed resume that demonstrates your qualifications and skill set pertaining to this position. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
ECI is seeking an Associate HR Generalist to work in our globally recognized and award-winning culture.
The Associate HR Generalist works with an assigned Business Unit as an HR Owner. Aligns with senior levels of leadership to leverage HR Strategy and to drive needed business results. Acts as a strategic partner to develop and deliver a broad range of HR services to the leadership team and to proactively translate the group’s business needs into HR solutions that best enable the team to meet its strategic objectives. Ensures the consistent application of HR policies, processes, and systems within the groups they support.
The Associate HR Generalist will report to the Senior Director of Global Human Resources but will act as a member of their specific Business Unit Leadership Team and close advisor to the Business Unit President in a matrixed relationship.
This position will also support ECI’s Canadian employees with responsibilities for performance management, employee relations, and managing the Canadian benefits plan and enrollment. You will educate employees about their benefits and assist with onboarding of acquisitions and new hires. You will also be responsible for managing the Canadian Retirement Savings Plan.
This position will be remote but will support multiple sites including: (1) Kingston, ON, (2) Calgary, AB, (3) Provo, UT, (4) Jefferson City, MO, (5) Mount Laurel, NJ, (6) Lincoln, UK, and numerous other remote home-office based employees located across Canada and throughout the world.
- Culture Warrior who ensures Business Unit employee engagement is aligned to ECI’s Mission, Core Values and Corporate Goals.
- Partners with senior and executive leaders (serving as a both expert and consultant) to identify, align, and drive strategic HR priorities to include change management, workforce planning, talent management and succession, organizational design, and culture/engagement.
- Supports multiple locations and remote employees ensuring HR strategies, processes and practices are implemented and consistent.
- On-boards employees into the business through both Talent Acquisition and Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Leads culture assessments to drive operational results.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes employee engagement, employee turnover data, and other people metrics to make sound improvements and recommendations to the Business Unit President and Senior Director of Global Human Resources.
- Brings data, analytics, benchmark, and industry knowledge to business discussions.
- Coaches across senior leadership to enhance leadership abilities, relationships among teams/individuals, interpersonal communications, and performance management.
- Provides and delivers innovative and integrated HR practices around critical business issues.
- Partners with appropriate centers of excellence and shared services to provide a full range of HR services in the areas of staffing, employee relations, compensation, and leadership and employee development.
- Owns employee engagement scores within the division.
- Responsible for employee relations issues including investigation, corrective actions, corrective coaching, and leadership consulting.
- Educates and enrolls all new members in the Extended Health and Dental benefits and Retirement Savings Plan.
- Manages the daily administration of ECI Canada’s health and welfare benefit programs including, but not limited to, medical, dental, Retirement Savings, and all ancillary benefits.
- Is the first point of contact for employee and dependent claim questions on benefits or leave related claims.
- Partners with vendors, carriers, and consultants regarding daily administration process of each of the benefit plans.
- Partners with Learning and Development and conducts bi-weekly LEAD Refresher classes for managers
- Maintain knowledge of employment legislation. Ensure adherence to provincial and federal legal requirements, advise management on needed actions to remain compliant with Employment Standards laws.
- 3+ years’ experience in corporate environments, supporting multiple matrixed business units in geographically dispersed locations.
- 3+ years’ experience leading benefits administration (Extended Health and Dental benefits and Retirement Savings Plans)
- Experience navigating an HRIS
- Experience with Ceridian’s Dayforce is a plus
- This role will manage across multiple locations and must have experience supporting remote offices.
- Exceptionally strong consulting and coaching skills with the ability to tailor communication style to work well with stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Technical ability to learn and navigate the HRIS system (Dayforce), along with ability to handle complicated spreadsheets in Excel using functions such as VLOOKUP and pivot tables.
- Ability to develop relationships, understand the needs of the business and develop successful solutions.
- Strong business acumen, understanding the business and financial conditions, link HR and business strategy, and identify ways to improve business performance.
- Skilled at identifying and assessing current organizational capabilities, building what’s required, shaping, and supporting culture, and aligning organizational programs to reinforce culture.
- Experience leading organizational design and change management initiatives.
- Ability to use data-driven business information (analytics), to extract insight from analysis and translate the impact of HR solutions via measurable results.
- Ability to maintain composure and productivity in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and heavily acquisitive environment.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including but not limited to compensation practices, employee relations, and performance and talent management.
- Experience managing remote employee populations and overcoming the unique challenges of a geographically remote workforce.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Our company core values are our “CODE”: Crave Greatness, Own the Outcome, Deliver Awesome and Embrace Community.
Does this sound like you or someone you know that may be looking for a new opportunity? Please apply on our website at www.ecisolutions.com/careers.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently and in the future possess the eligibility to work in Canada or the United States.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Detroit, MI, USA
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Kingston, ON, Canada
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- United States