eCommerce Product Owner
For more than 30 years, ECI Software Solutions has been providing industry-specific, cloud-based business management software and services to small and medium-sized businesses. With divisions focused on manufacturing, wholesale/retail distribution, building and construction, and field service, ECI's solutions integrate into every aspect of a customers' business to help them level the playing field, run day-to-day operations more efficiently, and free them up to focus on what matters most. It’s how business gets done.
To apply for this position, please attach a detailed resume that demonstrates your qualifications and skill set pertaining to this position. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
Who is ECI?
At ECI, our mission is to enable the entrepreneurial spirit of small and medium-sized business owners. But ECI doesn’t simply deliver amazing software solutions; we also have an award-winning company culture.
- We offer competitive benefits focused on employee well-being, including paid volunteer time off!
- We have been named by Achievers on its prestigious 50 Most Engaged Companies To Work For list for the last five years.
- We have received international recognition for our high levels of employee engagement through Certification as a Great Place to Work four years in a row.
- Our culture of creativity, innovation, and leadership has garnered over a dozen International Business Awards (Stevie®).
Come join a worldwide team with a strong culture of inclusion, professional development, and collaboration.
The Product Owner works directly with a scrum team devoted to developing software solutions. The product owner executes the product manager’s and business systems analysts’ vision by authoring user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria, create and maintain product backlogs and approve developed functionality. The position requires significant interaction cross-functionally with product managers, development teams, architects, and other stakeholders.
As a Product Owner you will:
- Work with the product manager and business systems analyst to assist in the delivery of complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Document requirements pertaining to systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configures system settings and options; Confirm user stories completion to specifications.
- May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
- Agile process expert
- Member of, and an active participant in a scrum team or teams including all regular agile program activities
- Lead Agile ceremonies as appropriate for example presenting plan of intent, sprint review, and retrospective feedback
- Work with Product Management and Business Systems Analysts to understand and timely deliver feature vision and acceptance criteria
- Work with internal and client-focused teams to refine business requirements for software solutions. Document requirements as defined by the Product Manager and Business Systems Analyst with User Stories, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Workflows to facilitate development
- Author user stories and acceptance criteria
- Works with a Business Systems Analyst to groom stories when necessary
- Prioritize and plan stories with the team based on business impact
- Partner with product managers to become the Subject Matter Expert for our solutions
- Maintain the appropriate tracking mechanisms and metrics
- Develop and maintain teams’ backlogs and write all supporting documentation of final solutions
- Resolve questions and provide clarifications raised by the engineering team during the development process
- Raise fact-based risks and dependencies.
- Ensure we are delivering high quality solutions with a strong sense of accountability
- Demonstration of the solutions developed to interested stakeholders
- Prior product owner or business systems analysis experience in software or technical capacity (3+ years).
- B.A. or B.S. required.
- Demonstrated passion for improving product development, and adopting new technologies and processes
- Ability to bring flexibility and thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing/changing priorities
- Highly logical thinker who can work in a team and cross functional environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention and focus on detail
- Superior written and verbal communication required including active listening and negotiation skills
- Experience in Agile methodology preferred
- Technical software / programming experience a plus
- Strong ability to effectively communicate business and technical requirements to the engineers
- Exceptional presentation skills to describe complex technical solutions to non-technical business and technical stakeholders at all levels.
- eCommerce experience is a plus
- Certified Product Owner (CPO) is a plus
- SQL capabilities and API development is a plus
- Job Family Product Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Albany, NY, USA
- Latham, NY 12110, USA
- United States