Senior Technical Accountant
For more than 30 years, ECI Software Solutions has been providing industry-specific, cloud-based business management software and services to small and medium-sized businesses. With divisions focused on manufacturing, wholesale/retail distribution, building and construction, and field service, ECI's solutions integrate into every aspect of a customers' business to help them level the playing field, run day-to-day operations more efficiently, and free them up to focus on what matters most. It’s how business gets done.
To apply for this position, please attach a detailed resume that demonstrates your qualifications and skill set pertaining to this position. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
Who is ECI?
At ECI, our mission is to enable the entrepreneurial spirit of small and medium-sized business owners. But ECI doesn’t simply deliver amazing software solutions; we also have an award-winning company culture.
- We offer competitive benefits focused on employee well-being, including paid volunteer time off!
- We have been named by Achievers on its prestigious 50 Most Engaged Companies To Work For list for the last five years.
- We have received international recognition for our high levels of employee engagement through Certification as a Great Place to Work four years in a row.
- Our culture of creativity, innovation, and leadership has garnered over a dozen International Business Awards (Stevie®).
Come join a worldwide team with a strong culture of inclusion, professional development, and collaboration.
Senior Technical Accountant
ECI Software Solutions is seeking a Senior Technical Accountant to join our Global Accounting Team who will research, recommend, and apply financial processes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP).
This role will be responsible for supporting a wide variety of finance projects and responsibilities, including contributing to the financial and month-end close process; assisting in the preparation and review of the Company's financial statements; preparing various internal financial and executive-level reports; and collaborating on M&A activities.
The position is partially remote (2 days in the office), located in our Fort Worth, TX Corporate Office, and reports directly to the Assistant Controller.
- Lead the effort to finalize the adoption of ASC 842.
- Manage a global lease portfolio and maintain lease accounting software.
- Account for long term debt including modifications, extinguishments, etc.
- Maintain complete and accurate workpapers related to the Company’s derivatives.
- Analyze new and proposed accounting standards in order to determine the impact on the company and implement new accounting standards as required.
- Prepare the annual and quarterly financial statements, footnotes, and other compliance certifications.
- Address year-end auditor inquiries via supporting schedules and accounting memorandums.
- Conduct and document research of non-routine accounting transactions to conclude on the appropriate application of U.S. GAAP.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions including integrations and consolidations.
- Assist with finance due diligence, preparation of closing and opening balance sheets, purchase accounting adjustments, and post-close accounting maintenance.
- Assist with selected monthly and quarterly analyses to support senior leadership reviews of acquired companies.
Required Skills, Abilities, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting.
- Active CPA license (or plan to acquire within twelve months).
- Three or more years of experience with a Big 4 or National Firm.
- Resourceful with a solid understanding of accounting for leases (ASC 842), debt (ASC 470), derivatives (ASC 815), and other areas as needed.
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including the preparation and/or review of financial statements and footnotes.
- Strong information systems/ERP system experience with superior Excel skills.
- Detail-oriented with both the curiosity and discipline to dive into the details to solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively with others and autonomously, stay organized, and continuously improve.
- Job Family Finance/Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Texas, USA
- United States