Oil Spill Response 737 Captain
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 500 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Oil Spill Response 737 Pilot - Captain (Full Time)
Job Location: Bridgewater, VA
Job Purpose: The Oil Spill Response 737 Captain role exists to provide safe and efficient operation of a modified 737-500. The aircraft is equipped with a spray system for applying dispersant on oil spills. The response area is primarily focused on U.S. coastal waters including Alaska, Hawaii and the Caribbean.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Flexibility for on-demand, ad-hoc, 24/7/365 flight operations (except during agreed time off)
- Be at the airport within one hour of a no notice activation
- Be airborne within three hours of a no notice activation
- Able to respond to an oil spill anywhere the customer requests for up to 30 days
- Maintain landing and instrument currency by flying on bi-weekly training flights
- Fly left seat, right seat or as spray system operator, as company needs dictate
- Accomplish company provided training for low altitude spraying, spotting and observing
- Maintain low level flight currency and accomplish annual spotter and observer training
- Assist with accomplishing spray system calibration checks, loading equipment inspections, dispersant equipment inspections, etc.
- Help mechanics with completing aircraft maintenance particularly if the aircraft is AOG
- Assist in loading dispersant, general aircraft cleaning, equipment maintenance and other general ground support duties
- Assist in maintaining the facility in accordance with Dynamic Aviation and customer requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess a 737CL Type Rating – ATP preferred
- Possess at least a second class medical
- Flight hour requirements and experience:
- 2000 total time, 1000 PIC, 1000 multi-turbine, 50 instrument, 200 737CL
- Airline Training Captain experience preferred
- Low level or special mission experience preferred
- Valid US Passport
- Able to successfully pass a Personnel Security and Background Check. The Client excludes from consideration individuals convicted of any felony or any drug related offenses.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bridgewater, VA, USA