ADA Field Technical Representative
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 500 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
The Field Technical Representative role exists to support the Aerial Data Acquisition department by performing all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on assigned aircraft.
- Perform all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on assigned aircraft and perform all ground support activities
- Maintain parts inventory with aircraft and report all parts needed / received from Bridgewater, VA
- Communicate critical information to company headquarters and establish relationships with service providers at each location the plane is stationed
- Act as customer service representative with tasks as requested by management / pilots
- Assist pilots with aircraft servicing pre/post flight
- Independently develop work schedules and assignments to accomplish job responsibilities
- Responsible for providing receipts/ other expenses to corporate accounting
- Responsible for reporting aircraft status, maintenance expenses, daily location, monthly inventory reporting and activities to management
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- FAA A&P certificate required
- Valid US Passport
- Ability to travel away from home location for 30 days based on customer needs (longer if needed)
- Good teamwork, communication, problem solving and decision making skills
- Computer skills including email and submission of detailed maintenance and flight information
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly resourceful
- Able to work under austere conditions
Job Experience:Minimum of 3 years aircraft experience. King Air and turbine engine maintenance experience required.
- Pay Type Hourly