Quality Control Inspector
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
The Quality Control Inspector role exists to develop, maintain and enforce a framework of standards and inspection for aircraft maintenance safety and reliability at Dynamic Aviation.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00AM - 4:00PM (with an hour lunch break)
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, modification, repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
- Inspect repaired, or modified aircraft to identify damage or defects and to assess airworthiness and conformance to standards using checklists, hand tools, and test instruments
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly on in-process aircraft
- Research and draft technical documents
- Inspect parts for condition, conformity and documentation at shipping, receiving and acquisition
- Assist QC Manager with aircraft inspections for condition, quality and conformity with FAA, Aviation industry and Dynamic Aviation standards
- Document non-conformities for trend analysis
- Assist in root cause analysis
- Assist in continuous improvement efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Must hold a valid Airframe & Powerplant license
- Ability to perform maintenance and inspection duties utilizing basic hand tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and the ability to use and effectively navigate ERP program, time clock and company intranet
- A thorough understanding of aircraft, aircraft parts, aircraft maintenance procedures, aviation standards and FAA regulations
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in close proximity to other people with a cooperative attitude
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- High school diploma or equivalent required; technical / vocational school degree preferred
- Previous experience performing routine maintenance on mechanical equipment; aviation experience including King Air or Dash 8 preferred
- AS9100, AS9110 experience preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, VA, USA