Facilities Auto Mechanic
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
The Facilities Auto Mechanic/Non-A&P Mechanic role provides maintenance in a variety of areas to deliver quality and value to a diverse set of customers. This position supports the Vehicle Bay and Facilities Maintenance department.
- Repair and maintain trucks, vans, cars, tractors, mowing equipment and heavy equipment (backhoe, skid loader, dump trucks)
- Identify repairs needed and communicate cost and details of repairs clearly to immediate supervisor
- Perform preventative maintenance and make sure inspections are current
- Place equipment “out-of-service” if unsafe
- Clean and wash equipment and vehicles as needed
- Operate basic hand tools
- Verify necessary parts ordering and keep inventory control of all repair parts in vehicle bay
- Make and enforce maintenance decisions that align with regulations and company standards
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education or GED required
- Prior experience with general vehicle repair, including gas and diesel
- Mechanical acclamation, experience working with hands, repairing machines, troubleshooting, basic mechanical experience with vehicles and heavy equipment
- The ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to:
- Stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time
- Bend, stoop, squat, or kneel
- Lift, balance and carry 50 lbs.
- Work with high noise levels and exposure to fumes and/or odors
- Drive company vehicles and equipment
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, 1402 Airport Road, Bridgewater, Virginia, United States of America