At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Structures / Sheet Metal Aviation Mechanic
Hours: Monday - Thursday 3PM - 2AM with an hour lunch break (second shift)
Purpose: The Sheet Metal Mechanic is responsible for performing heavy maintenance and modifications on Dash 8 and King Air aircraft. This role reports to the Sheet Metal Supervisor.
- Perform scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance, minor and major airframe repairs working in a high-quality, efficient manner
- Perform various complex modifications, structures repair, fabrication, plan, layout and structural disassembly/assembly of aircraft and aircraft components
- Remove, replace, and repair aircraft structure and components with use of special tooling utilizing applicable technical data
- Perform sheet metal bends to guidelines and specifications
- Use shop mathematics to determine curves, angles, pitch, etc.
- Work with various kinds of metal such as: honeycomb material, aluminum and aluminum alloys, titanium, stainless steel, etc.
- Utilize various glues, sealants, epoxy, pro-seal, and in addition to other chemicals/consumables as required per applicable technical data
- Read and interpret manufacturer Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Repair Drawings, Structural Repair Manuals, Service Bulletins, technical directives, drawings, blueprints, and schematics etc. to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing damaged aircraft structure components.
- Properly complete required paperwork to comply with Federal Regulations and applicable company policy/procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment and report any unsafe conditions
- Submit daily, weekly, or monthly reports as required
- Maintain communication with assigned Team Lead for task updates and status reports
- Maintains responsibility for proper execution of parts tag instructions in accordance with Repair Station Quality Control Manual
- Assist in the training and guidance of new Sheet Metal Mechanics
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education required; some college preferred
- Relevant trade school or military training equivalent for aircraft structures preferred
- Must provide own tools, shadowed and etched
- Knowledge of sheet metal principals, tools, and techniques
- Previous experience completing heavy aircraft maintenance and modifications
- Previous multi-engine turbo prop experience (Dash 8 aircraft preferred)
- Work well in a team environment
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant license preferred
- Experience working in an AS9100 / ISO 9001 or DCMA environment preferred
- Experience working under FAA Part 145 or demonstrated knowledge preferred
- Ability to:
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
- Lift balance, and carry 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.00
- Max Hiring Rate $33.50
- Bridgewater, VA, USA