Keno - Writer/Runner
Job Title: Ticket Writer/Runner
Assists with customer transactions at the Keno window such as writing Keno tickets and paying winning Keno tickets. Verifies and is responsible for cash banks. Signs and verifies cash transfers, as a receiver, within the Keno Department. Responsible for the pickup, play and return of tickets to customers in accordance with company policy. Runs tickets within assigned areas and pays all small winners after collecting from Keno writers. Can act as Keno Relief Shift Supervisor when Supervisor is away from the department or is not available (i.e. breaks, meeting, etc.).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for practicing, supporting and promoting the Company Service Standards at all times
- Responsible for the accurate generation and sales of computerized ticket sales to Guests who have provided written documentation of numbers desired
- Responsible for the collection of accurate cash from Keno ticket sales
- Responsible for the accurate cash pay out to winning ticket holders
- Responsible for the strict compliance with Internal Controls and compliance with Federal cash reporting requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members, and Management in both written and verbal form
- Must be able to work with all Keno Team Members in a professional manner
- Must be self-motivated and be able to handle more than one function at a time by being well organized
- Proficient in computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Good mathematical and clerical aptitude for accurate record keeping
- Strong and accurate money handling and cash handling skills
- Basic understanding of different pay rates and costs of tickets
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
- Full knowledge of all Title 31 and applicable Gaming Control Board regulations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification, specifically a Nevada Gaming license
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Manual dexterity to operate job related equipment.
- Work is typically in an area which may be noisy and may contain second hand smoke.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Pay Type Hourly
- 301 E Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, USA