Field Service Technician - Sterling, VA
Field Service Technician, Electronic Security Solutions (ESS) – Sterling, VA
At Diversified, we enable a digital future – connecting people, technology, and experiences, where and when it matters most.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Acquire new skills and make an impact while growing your career. Be a valued member of our team here at Diversified.
What part will you play?
At Diversified, we pride ourselves on the continuous evolution of our business in the technology sector and have an inclusive environment where everyone belongs.
We seek a highly skilled Electronic Security Solutions Field Service Technician who can help drive our global technology solution-based business to a new level by providing world-class service in technical support, troubleshooting, and finding resolution of issues for our client’s electronic security integrated equipment & systems in various business environments for both the government and commercial sectors.
You are passionate about using your analytical, technical, and client-oriented skills to identify problems, find solutions, and build relationships. To succeed in this role, you should have a thorough understanding of repairing and maintaining CCTV, Access Control, Intercom, and Burglar Alarm systems in all facets primarily related to Government and Commercial projects. You will have strong knowledge working with systems such as; Genetec, Avigilon, AMAG, Lenel, S2, Identicard, GE, Honeywell Prowatch, Bosch, Axis, Milestone, and DMP l and demonstrated technical abilities in optimizing system performance, meeting deadlines, and exceeding client expectations.
Where will you be contributing?
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine and find resolutions, using various tools and test equipment, verify, document performance, and conduct preventative maintenance proactively
- Develop solid customer relationships by providing an elevated level of field service and support, resulting in future customer loyalty
- Escalate issues for further support through the necessary levels of the company to help solve the problems involving the manufacturers if RMAs or parts replacements are needed
- Create documentation, write concise service reports and system site surveys, labor associated with field service, troubleshooting actions and results, recommendations, and additional actions
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues with the ESS equipment & systems, collaborate with internal team members, provide operational support for meetings, and update the ticketing system
What do we require from you?
- Associated degree or trade school degree/certification preferred. High school diploma or GED required
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the electronic security industry, with service experience.
- Current DCJS. Secret / TS Clearance is preferred but not required to start, will be required to clear both upon hire.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, agile character, and client-driven
- Experience with systems; Genetec, Avigilon, Lenel, S2, Identicard, GE, Honeywell, Bosch, and DMP in software and hardware capacity and certifications preferred.
- Solid understanding of SOWs, blueprint drawing comprehension, schematics, device installation best practices, and knowledge in mechanical retrofitting door frames and gates for electric locking hardware and peripheral devices.
- Knowledge of Mercury boards and wiring standards and ability to use industry-related test equipment.
- Familiarity with IP/Networking and comfortable navigating various OS evolutions.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, agile character, and client-driven.
At Diversified, our people are our most valued asset. We provide a diverse global work culture, benefits, and resources to support you offering perks & benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, Life, PTO, and more.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $36.00
- Max Hiring Rate $44.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Clarke County, VA, USA
- Fairfax County, VA, USA
- Fauquier County, VA, USA
- Loudoun County, VA, USA
- Montgomery County, MD, USA
- Prince William County, VA, USA
- Sterling, VA, USA