Associate Merchandise Planner
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Associate Merchandise Planner works in close partnership with a merchandise planner and a buyer to set seasonal inventory parameters and manage that inventory to achieve sales, turn, and return-on-investment goals. The Associate Merchandise Planner is responsible for independently managing assigned smaller volume areas of the business under the guidance of a more senior member of the merchandise planning team.
- Responsible for managing monthly open to buy in assigned areas of business; advise demand planner and buying team on inventory metrics, sales, margin, inventory and promotional changes.
- Make in-season recommendations/decisions on business approaches, including pricing, sales driving promotions, and inventory flow remediation.
- Make pre-season inventory management recommendations including: assortment gaps, liquidation candidates, markdown/buyback requirements, mix of novelty/fashion, and benchmarks for productivity.
- Analyze and contribute recommendations on cost/benefit of assortment expansion, changes in pricing or promotional strategies, extra services, special programs, vendor diversification, and company-wide expansions of inventory
- Define inventory, in partnership with buying team that will achieve sales plan.
- Present point of view on owned area of business in sales projection review and production planning review alignment meetings with demand planning.
- Optimize markdowns and liquidations on underperforming merchandise.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (required or preferred):
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 3+ years related experience
- Years of Related Experience: 3+ years
- Strong analytical and relationship building skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Travel Requirements: Minimal Travel Required (1 - 2 x per year)
- Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone, or similar device with or without assistive technology.
- Ability to perform sedentary work.
- Ability to balance, bend, kneel, squat, and reach.
- Ability to travel by car, rail or air.
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Job Function Planning Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- Corporate Office, 1001 Washington Street, Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States of America