Quality Assurance Clerk, Starting rate $17.50
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
The Quality Assurance Clerk processes store and customer returned apparel, accessories, shoes, gifts, and jewelry product by receiving, laundering, inspecting, ticketing and folding/repackaging product to return 1st quality product to available inventory. In addition, this individual carries out various special projects as needed in support of the business needs and objectives to facilitate timely flow of product to available inventory for all David’s Bridal sales channels.
Principal Functions and Responsibilities:
- Receives cartons from UPS or FedEx, sort cartons by group, stack cartons on pallets and maintain carton counts. Removes trash from area and places in the trash compactor
- Receives merchandise returned from the stores by opening cartons, removing product from the cartons, processing the product received in the POS system and then thoroughly inspect product for stains and damage.
- Launders dresses by spot cleaning and/or machine washing dresses, hanging washed dresses on trolleys, pushing wet dresses on trolleys into the drying room and maintaining a clean and organized work space
- Follows David’s Bridal quality inspection criteria to identify and sort 1st quality dresses for return to stock or imperfect dresses for the “As Is” program or MOS.
- Prepares dresses for return to active inventory by inspecting, identifying necessary repairs, ticketing, folding and repackaging dresses
- Maintains inventory by creating transfers in the POS systems and by using a RF scanner
- Contributes to the team effort as a cross-functional team member by completing various tasks in support of the business needs and objectives within the Return Processing and DC Special Projects Department, Warehouse Departments and Quality Control Department as needed. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: inspection of new product, product or carton sorting, re-ticketing, repackaging, QC Order inspection, etc.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Licenses / Certifications / Training:
- Years of related experience: 0 - 1 year
Required Skills & Abilities:
- General distribution center/warehouse knowledge is a plus
- Experience with RF Scanners is a plus
- Forklift experience or willing to learn to drive a forklift is a plus
- Proven record of excellent attendance and punctuality to work is a must
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”.
Full Time Opportunity – A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Job Function Quality
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.50
- Required Education High School
- Bristol Warehouse David's Bridal Corporate, 100 Crossing Drive, Bristol, Pennsylvania, United States of America