Associate Marketing Manager - Canada, Temp
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Cynosure is seeking an Associate Marketing Manager to develop, plan and execute brand-building, strategies, innovation, multi-generational claims pipelines, communications & go-to-market plans with excellence, based upon a deep understanding of customer and consumer insights and journeys. The Associate Manager will work with cross-functional partners to adapt strategic plans, insights, and new product launch materials for Canada, inclusive of integrated campaigns with clear objectives and KPIs. This person will report to the Marketing Manager, Canada and is expected to demonstrate high performance practices and competencies as they meet and exceed the objectives for this role.
The candidate may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Assist in developing annual business plan to build equity, share, sales, and profit.
- Provide effective product lifecycle and marketing management for Canadian portfolio, while controlling marketing P&L budget within approved levels.
- Collaborate with marketing counterparts worldwide to create, implement & adapt the global marketing strategy brand guidelines claims/on label messaging for products in the portfolio.
- Collaborate closely with US Marketing, Sales, Finance, Commercial Analytics, Clinical, R&D, Legal and Regulatory in the execution of the marketing plans for lifecycle management, including appropriate messaging (claims) for the products.
- Prepare extensive sales support, training and launch packages for effective promotion of product enhancements and new product introductions.
- Support promotional activities at conventions, tradeshows and aesthetic sales & training events in North America.
- Partner with agencies to develop integrated marketing plans for base business and new launches, inclusive of digital, social, content strategies / campaigns, and PR.
- Develop and execute effective marketing plans for assigned products / segments in partnership with agencies; define and manage PR, ensuring all plans are integrated with media plans and brand priorities.
- Lead initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional teams to drive top line and bottom-line results.
- Lead business analysis and reporting for assigned products with emphasis on utilizing data to drive action.
- Own the development and execution of communications plans for assigned products and responsibilities.
- Develop a deep understanding of assigned products and customer / consumer audiences, their challenges, and how Cynosure’s solutions address consumer needs.
- Work closely with Cynosure marketing resources (Digital, Communication, Events and Product team) to ensure integration, consistency, and effectiveness.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of campaign, program and project development and execution, including strategy, planning, budgeting, vendors, and measurement.
- Understand and apply corporate brand and positioning, as well as communications policy.
- Keep abreast of relevant market trends, competitive activities, legislative/regulatory issues, and end-user issues.
- Uses diplomacy and persuasiveness to guide stakeholders in supporting the most effective strategy.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- 25% travel may be required
- Strong Digital and Communication experience.
- Experience in innovation and product lifecycle management.
- Confidence and effectiveness in dealing with senior leaders on matters of strategy and communications.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to be hands on in guiding, developing, and editing compelling messaging to specific audiences and segments.
- Ability to work with little supervision based on thorough understanding and analysis of business objectives.
- Demonstrated competence in managing budgets.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and globally, identifying synergies between businesses and markets to drive efficiencies and consistency of messaging.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Detail oriented and adept in managing large volumes of work, juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of management.
- Ability to identify communications strategy and execute that strategy in the form of measurable, integrated promotional activities.
- Fluency and/or proficiency in French language is preferred.
☒Bachelor’s degree required
- University degree in marketing, communications, related field, or comparable experience.
☒0 to 2 years relevant experience
- 1+ years’ experience within the field of Brand Management, Communications. CPG, Aesthetics, Beauty, Healthcare and/or Medical Device Marketing experience preferred.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☒Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
Candidate must possess a valid passport and driver’s license and have no restrictions for US-Canada border crossing.
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Marketing
- Job Function General Marketing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Temporary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree