Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Responsible to assist in the design, development and release of aesthetics laser products. The positions also work with existing products to make them more efficient and cost-effective while assisting in day-to-day production. Working with internal cross-functional teams, the position requires professionalism, dedication, and drive to ensure the completion of the projects in a time-sensitive, regulated environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs and the educational background and professional goals of the incumbent
- Work with our internal engineering team in the conceptualization, prototyping and testing of new product concepts and existing designs using skills from your engineering discipline
- Provide technical support and problem solving for development, production, and facility problems
- Develop and/or conduct testing protocols of prototype and production design components
- Create and revise production work instructions and other manufacturing documentation on new or improved processes
- Investigation and implementation of component replacements for obsolete parts.
- Create new and revised CAD Models and drawings in Solidworks
- Draft and file accurate design documentation during work on a project
- Submit Engineering change orders to revise existing drawings, processes, and documentation
- Any other duties or projects as required by the department
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- Be enrolled in an accredited College/Institution pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field for the full duration of the co-op.
- Be in your second year or above in school at the beginning of the co-op in January 2023
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Authorized to work in the U.S. during the duration of the co-op
- Have demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
☒ 0-to-1-year relevant experience
☐ 2 to 5 years relevant experience
☐ 5 to 8 years relevant experience
☐ 8+ years relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Access, & Outlook)
- Basic CAD skills are ideal- Solidworks preferred
- Clear written and oral communication skills required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the specific ability to work in teams
- Works well with others, is thorough and demonstrates good judgment
- Inspire cooperation and success among the EE team
- Interest in the Medical Device Industry
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☐Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- ☒Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☒Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- ☐Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- ☐Potential Exposure to blood.
- ☐Other (please specify)
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Some College
- Westford, MA 01886, USA