Healthcare Project Consultant- Medicaid Programs and Value Based Performance (HYBRID)
University of Colorado Medicine (CU Medicine) is the region’s largest and most comprehensive multi-specialty physician group practice. The CU Medicine team delivers business operations, revenue cycle and administrative services to support the patients of over 3,500 University of Colorado School of Medicine physicians and advanced practice providers. These providers bring their unparalleled expertise at the forefront of medicine to deliver trusted, compassionate health care services at primary and specialty care clinics as well as facilities operated by affiliate hospitals of the University of Colorado.
PLEASE NOTE: The individual hired for this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or furnish proof of an approved medical or religious exemption. In the event you are contacted by CU Medicine regarding your candidacy, please direct any questions around vaccination status to the recruiter at that time.
Due to the nature of this role, we will only consider candidates who currently reside in Colorado or those with tentative plans to relocate to Colorado.
This job offers a primarily remote work structure with on-site work required approximately 2-3 times per month. Additional on-site work is required as dictated by the needs of the job.
We are seeking a highly motivated Project Consultant to join our Office of Value Based Performance.
The Project Consultant will lead numerous clinically oriented projects designed to increase access to specialty services for Health First Colorado (Medicaid) enrollees/members. The individual in this position will be responsible for Interagency Agreement Statements of Work, and will support the Medical Director’s interests across a variety of programs and external clinical stakeholder engagements.
The Project Consultant will:
- Support CU Medicine’s Medical Director with development and management of clinical initiatives and special projects.
- Negotiate, monitor, and manage successful completion of annual obligated Statements of Work tied to Medicaid Supplemental Funding.
- Compliment and contribute to strategic Upper Payment Limit program progress consistent with objectives and State requirements.
- Develop strategies to demonstrate ROI across new initiatives and projects.
- Meet regularly with Practice Directors and clinical leadership to promote relationship build with community partners/resources with goal of expanding access of Health First Colorado Members (Medicaid enrollees) to specialty services.
- Prepare project plans and budgets in adherence with CU Medicine UPL timelines.
- Promote strategic alignment across enterprise inclusive of regular consultation with affiliate partner operations (CHCO & UCHealth).
- Provide navigational expertise and linkage to project resources to stimulate project success.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in business (or related field) coupled with 7+ years of prior and applicable business experience with emphasis on health care access and enhancement strategy. Advanced degree preferred. Familiarity with practice transformation and quality outcome development is required. Must demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills and attention to detail. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office/365 Suite is required. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and successfully prioritize workload and will be a resourceful self-starter.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.cumedicine.us. All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The listed pay range (or hiring rate) represents CU Medicine’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting and is based on evaluation of competitive market data.
A variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, and education will be considered when determining the final offer.
CU Medicine provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions which take your total compensation beyond the number on your paycheck. Find information about our benefits here
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $105,000.00
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America