Lead Software Engineer, Front-End
BASIC PURPOSE:The primary responsibility of the Lead Front End Developer is developing and maintaining reusable user interface components using React.js and Next.js concepts and workflows such as Redux, Flux and Webpack. Instrumental in profiling and improving frontend application performance, mentor team members and take end to end technical ownership of applications. Must be able to stay on top of technology changes in the market and continuously look for opportunities to leverage new technology.
· Contributes to frontend design, technical direction and front-end architecture including collaborating with various teams
· Participates in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects as well as assisting with continuous improvement
· Designs efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
· Implement the features and user interfaces using React.js
· Builds reusable components and front-end libraries for future use utilizing technologies like Bit.dev and Storybook.
· Translates designs and wireframes into high quality code
· Identifies and resolves performance and scalability issues
· Optimizes components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
· Leads UI team in execution of business goals
· Mentors less experienced team members
· Collaborates with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
· All other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / related engineering field OR equivalent experience in related field
- 10+ years of experience in front end development
- 5+ years of experience in React.js
- Experience with popular React.js and Next.js workflows ( Flux, Redux, etc. )
- Familiarity with new specifications of ECMAScript and Typescript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledgeable of isomorphic React
- Experience with RESTful APIs ( HTTP / HTTPS / Axios ) and GraphQL
- Knowledgeable of modern authorization mechanisms such as JSON Web Tokens, oAuth2, AWS Cognito, Key Cloak.
- Familiar with modern front-end pipelines and tools like micro-frontends, Next.js, Bit.dev, Storybook, Nx monorepos.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, Node, etc. and testing frameworks (Enzyme, Jest, React Testing Library)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical designs
- Familiarity with Git code versioning tools
- Good written, verbal communication skills
Cross Country Healthcare offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Voluntary Insurance, 401(k) plan, Tuition Assistance, Pet Insurance and Company Stock.
Cross Country Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
- Job Family CORP Information Systems
- Job Function NMGR
- Pay Type Salary
- Boca Raton, FL, USA