In this multi-faceted role, you will perform various functions within the accounting cycle. Responsible for managing all aspects of inventory accounting and direct cost of revenue, and reporting of the same to the operations team and accounting management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Principal Role, Responsibilities and Authorities
- Maintain accurate summary of all inventory items including correct count and proper valuation
- Work alongside Controller to ensure that cyclical inventory counts are accurately reflected in book value of inventory
- Work alongside Materials Manager regarding purchase of inventory items and other cost of revenue materials for proper accounting of same
- Work with Staff Accountant to ensure timely entry and proper coding of vendor bills associated with inventory and cost of revenue
- Review cycle count variances and report accuracy metrics by site
- Review daily large scrap transactions and research for reason and actual physical disposal
- Root cause analysis for large material, labor, OH work order variances
- Reconcile inventory ledger to subledger and corrects any discrepancies
- Prepare and enter all inventory journal entries
- Prepare inventory reconciliation
- Lead transition from manual Excel based inventory process to a more automated MRP or other system process
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation for annual audit
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Assist other members of the accounting team as needed
Other Daily, Weekly & Monthly Tasks
- Prepare weekly data reporting for management
- Prepare reports and summaries for supervisors and managers as needed
- Help with month end close process
- Ensure tasks are completed accurately by consistently maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Anticipate potential problems as they develop and communicate such to Controller
- Able to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively
- Interact with staff members and workers in a professional and ethical manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two-year business degree and/or three or more years accounting experience including A/R, A/P, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of accounting principles. Basic knowledge of sales tax reporting is a plus. Superior computer skills to include Windows-based accounting software, strong Excel, Word, Outlook
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
Ability to apply basic mathematical skills and analyze mathematical trends in data.
Ability to analyze financial information, identify discrepancies, and provide solutions. Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions. Ability to develop and support conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; however safety glasses and other required protection should be worn w
- Pay Type Salary
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
- 9191 W Buckeye Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353, USA