Accountant - Milpitas, CA
SUMMARY Perform various functions within the accounting cycle. Areas of responsibilities will include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
- Monitor overdue accounts, collections, problem resolution.
- Daily bank statement reconciliation.
- Prepare reports and summaries for supervisors and managers as needed.
- Post to the General Ledger, trial balance, adjustments, journal entries.
- Entering shop-employee labor hours in ERP system by job order number.
- Complete GL account reconciliations.
- Complete fiscal month end entries, reconciliations, reports.
- Prepare sales/use taxes and weekly Metric reporting for management.
- Act as an integral part of financial audits, bank audits, and others as needed.
- Ensure tasks are completed accurately by consistently maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Interact with staff members and workers in a professional and ethical manner.
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Anticipate potential problems and communicate such to Plant Controller.
- Work collaboratively with others in identifying resources (people and equipment) and sharing the allocation of resources as necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Other duties at the direction of Plant Controller.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and knowledge of state/federal tax issues.
- Superior computer skills; Windows-based accounting software, strong Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Able to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills and analyze mathematical trends in data.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
- Ability to analyze financial information, identify discrepancies, and provide solutions.
- Identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions.
- Ability to develop and support conclusions.
Education and/or experience
Two-Four year accounting degree and/or three or more years accounting experience including A/R, A/P or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to apply mathematical skills and analyze performance trends in data; Demonstrated experience applying structured problem-solving and decision-making tools and methods.
Ability to analyze financial information, identify discrepancies and provide solutions; Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions; Ability to develop and support conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and move material. The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, lift and use arms, hands and fingers to reach, lift, handle, and feel products. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move products up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics include periodic noise increases, although for the most part the environment is usually quiet. Safety glasses and other required protection should be worn when out in the shop area.
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- Milpitas, CA 95035, USA