Mechanical Engineer - NSI
SUMMARY: This position imparts critical insight in the development of new products for new and existing markets, plus improvements to our existing product lines. Provide detailed engineering, specification, and analysis for the design and construction of high purity gas and chemical delivery products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
To perform the job successfully, this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Team Role: Engineering and Design
- Support operations by participating in creation, review and release of drawings for manufacturing
- Collaboration within engineering team on BOM/Routing creation and review
- Support manufacturing through fixturing design and improving manufacturing efficiency
- Provide insight into manufacturability of designs ensuring highest level of quality and performance.
- Bring NSI’s expertise to the table with customer collaboration.
- Utilize 3D CAD (AutoCAD) to create and review drawings to produce models and prepare denoted, dimensioned drawings suitable for manufacturing using appropriate tolerance and GD&T practices
- BOM and Router Creation and Review
- Collaborate with Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing and Customer teams to maintain and improve existing designs
- Working knowledge of NSI, Customer and Regulatory design specifications and requirements
- All employees are expected and encouraged to participate in safety and health program activities including the following: reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents immediately to their supervisors or a safety committee representative; wearing required personal protective equipment; and participating in and supporting safety committee activities.
- Preform DOT pressure vessel calculations.
- Review designs and for regulatory compliance (new/reorder).
- Review customer drawings and bill of materials for manufacturability.
- BOM/Router creation, review and maintenance to ensure accuracy of sequencing, components, manufacturing instructions and estimated run times.
- Coordination with purchasing and manufacturing teams to validate substitute or equivalent parts for use
- Explore and recommend alternate processes and equipment to improve throughput, quality and employee safety.
- Collaboration with purchasing and supplier teams for 3rd Party contracted work
- For integrated systems, working alongside Systems Controls Engineer
- Creating quality control checklists for QC team to use in finished part review and reviewing deviation requests from QC team.
- Design new or modified products for customer requests.
- ECO management and adherence to other QMS responsibilities.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Assist the engineering department in the training of manufacturing staff in building new products and using new processes.
- Assist in product development in new markets where appropriate. Participate with engineering and product development teams to develop new products and improve current product offerings.
- Working with CS and Sales teams for proposal and quote development as needed
- Keep abreast of Semiconductor industry trends and technologies
- Participate in groups to review and implement new and emerging technology
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use of ERP system and of MS Office suite for reporting.
KEY SALES RELATED SKILLS
- Telephone Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Listening and critical thinking
- Customer Focus
- Organizational ability
- Informing and collaborating well with Others
- Ability to prioritize and re-evaluate competing priorities
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mastery of Solidworks, and Engineering documentation using current standard practices.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage simultaneous projects.
- Must excel in a team environment, have strong communication and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Must be diligent, thorough, conscientious and goal oriented.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Ability to interact professionally with all types and levels management.
- Strong personal computer skills including experience with Word and Excel.
Education and/or experience
- BSME preferred but will consider AS with relevant work experience.
- Experience with Solid Works and Autocad required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with mechanical structures required.
- Experience with design and manufacturing
- Experience setting, communicating, and achieving goals.
- Proficiency with computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Project and Outlook.
- Ability to write status reports and general business correspondence; present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups.
Ability to apply mathematical skills and analyze performance trends in data; Demonstrated experience applying structured problem-solving and decision-making tools and methods.
Ability to analyze financial information, identify discrepancies and provide solutions; Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions; Ability to develop and support conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and move material. The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, lift and use arms, hands and fingers to reach, lift, handle, and feel products. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move products up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Occasional application of customer specific PPE may be required.
The work environment characteristics include periodic noise increases, although for the most part the environment is usually quiet. Safety glasses and other required protection should be worn when out in the shop area.
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- Portland, OR, USA