Project Engineer - NEHP
NEHP and ENGVT are an EPC (engineer, procure, construct) firm with locations in Williston, VT, Dallas, TX, and Phoenix, AZ. We specialize in the design and off-site construction of process piping systems for semiconductor fabrication facilities. The chip production infrastructure in the US is expanding at a record-breaking pace, with new fabs being built by major players like Intel, Micron, Samsung, TSMC, and Global Foundries all over the US. Bringing our "Productivity by Design" skillset to the construction process, we alleviate the skilled labor shortage commonly faced by these billion-dollar projects. Our engineering first, construction productivity focus makes us a key part of the client's project team.
The Project Engineer will work directly with the project management team to help execute the project per the contract documents.
NEHP Construction Productivity Improvement & Modular Integration.
Vermont based NEHP is a modular integrator and Off-Site Manufacturer (OSM) providing construction productivity improvement through pre-construction programming, engineering, project management and integration. The majority of NEHP’s projects are located in the continental US and are primarily focused in semiconductor manufacturing facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quantify and take-off for project scope
- Preparation of Bid Docs, RFP or similar (Request for Proposal)
- Prepare scope documents
- Estimating and scheduling (general)
- Processing RFI’s (Request for Information)
- Preparing Submittal Documents, tracking and follow-up with the Submittal Process
- Updating RFI and Submittal Logs
- Review and understand drawings and specifications to become completely familiar with the project scope of work
- Project Schedule updates using Excel and Microsoft Project
- Participate in weekly vendor meeting (prepare/update meeting minutes)
- Participate in weekly project meetings
- Work with the Preconstruction Manager and Project Controller to understand the project value/Control Budget
- Work with awarded Subcontractors to align on schedule, budget, changes in scope, logistics, daily planning and weekly look-aheads
- Work with the Procurement Manager to maintain and update all Vendor deliverables of fabrication to the Integration Shop.
- Engage and coordinate with the Project Management Team at the project site
- Develop or support development of TOP (Turn Over Package) requirements, collect all documents, prepare TOP and file on server.
- Interact with QA/QC to ensure all material is conforming to approved specs and submittals.
- Execute any NCR’s to proper subcontractor and/or vendor. Track NCR progress.
- Attend weekly job-site meetings for coordination and alignment with NEHP crew and the Construction Manager (virtual or in-person)
- Willing/Able to travel for durations up to 2 weeks at a time to support project jobsite activities and develop competency with our operations (differs by project). This provides an ideal opportunity to experience and gain an understanding of our modular process at our Offsite Modular Facility (OSM+) as well as spending time at the job site.
Qualifications and Preferences:
- Foundational understanding or experience in the construction industry and/or manufacturing.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, Outlook and MS Project) is a must. Working knowledge of PDF editor and File Sharing a plus.
- Proficiency in English language with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or Engineering discipline or closely related subject, OR equivalent yrs experience.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
- High energy level, self-motivated and directed, with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Very strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to solve constantly evolving problems while working with a team to find a solution that is best for the project/team
- Ability to read, understand and interpret construction documents including: drawings, specifications, and basic contract language.
- Fundamental understanding of Critical Path method of scheduling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- 1193 S Brownell Rd, Williston, VT 05495, USA
- Arizona, USA
- Portland, OR, USA
- Texas, USA