Site Director - PG
Pure Guard in Phoenix, Arizona, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
This leader will play a key role in growing our business. This role will be responsible for expanding capacity in the current facility and then moving all operations into a new (much larger) facility. This person will be able to develop their own team. Corporate HR will partner with this person to hire and develop the team that will grow the site to 3X current capacity over the next 2 years. Responsibilities include, but not limited to oversight of all production related departments and activities, including scheduling, production planning, fabrication, maintenance, safety, and quality. This person will work closely with corporate engineering, sales, supply chain and logistics management to satisfy internal and external customers. The successful candidate will foster an atmosphere of success through teamwork, accountability, transparency, and continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to the following:
- Developing a safety-first culture through supporting daily safety audits, weekly action plan reviews and monthly safety committee meetings. Foster a culture of accountability, performance, communication and employee engagement.
- Install LEAN concepts and foster culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of the organization. Continuously improve processes, team and systems to deliver unrivaled service to our customers and unparalleled efficiency for our team and shareholders.
- Develop strong operating systems through a solid operating rhythm/cadence which enables continuous improvement by developing, monitoring key performance indicators for safety, quality, delivery, cost, inventory and capacity and driving problem solving when appropriate.
- Oversee the development of labor standards for the new operations/roles and manage variances.
- Develop improved processes for incoming materials, equipment utilization, inventory management, and logistics. Work with the supply chain team to optimize inventory turns while meeting production needs, and minimizing obsolescence.
- Serve as the primary local contact/leader for customer, vendor and Union matters related to quality, customer service, delivery, or safety. Work with HR and Union leadership to support our Union and adjust labor capacity to meet customer demand.
- Work with corporate leadership to develop and deploy annual objectives (including the budget) and provide the team with needed support and resources. Develop an annual CAPEX budget for Operations and work with finance to manage to the budget.
- Collaborate with sales operations and outside sales teams to meet customer needs with high quality product, produced safely, efficiently and on schedule to meet our customer’s expectations.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure engineering designs that are easy to manufacture and reduce manufacturing labor and materials.
- Ensure employee compliance to company policies and procedures and maintain facility security.
- Work with HR and Organizational Development to establish and deliver an annual training plan. Prepare and deliver effective annual performance evaluations and provide ongoing feedback to direct reports.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
Outlined below are examples of skill sets, knowledge, and/or abilities required for this role. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Direct leadership of the Arizona site/team working collaboratively with managers, supervisors and individual contributors as well as with corporate HR, IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering and Sales teams and Union leadership to serve customers and shareholders.
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of 15 years of supervisory or leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
- Strong knowledge of steel fabrication and assembly technique preferred
- Knowledge of production control, staff plans, and budget management
- Formal training in Lean (including Standard work, continuous flow, level loading, etc) preferred
- Experience with the Hoshin strategy deployment process preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in development and optimization of a new manufacturing facility
- Proven experience in driving transformational change in a manufacturing facility
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Experience setting performance expectations and maintaining accountability
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct production work in a team-based environment
- In-depth working experience with an ERP system
- Proficiency with computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Email.
- Ability to read and interpret business financials, periodicals, journals and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports and general business correspondence; present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups.
- Continuous improvement mind set
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills – report writing, business correspondence and procedures manuals
- Effectively present information and field questions in a thoughtful and professional manner
- High levels of emotional intelligence
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Willingness to travel to trade shows, customers, vendors and other CPS group company locations as required
- Demonstrated ability to apply mathematical skills, interpret and analyze data and trends
- Ability to analyze trend data and apply logic reasoning in developing sound conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to extract key information in the course of decision-analysis
- Ability to apply trouble-shooting skills in a variety of production-related situations
- Standing, walking, and occasionally lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
- Characteristics include periodic noise (within safety limits) from manufacturing processes
- Safety glasses and other required protection must be worn when in the manufacturing area
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Tuesday, November 8, 2022
- 9191 W Buckeye Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353, USA