Quality Manager - CM - PG
Pure Guard in Phoenix, Arizona, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the Quality oversight of all manufacturing operations activities. Provide specific direction to manufacturing supervisors, leads and lead staff through in-direct supervision, coaching, training, and assistance in production areas as necessary; Set performance goals and quality requirements for production; Review and assess manufacturing and operational quality performance; Sustain performance within a Lean production environment, maintain a continuous flow posture and promote continual improvement; Work collaboratively with other departments in the overall leadership of the company.
The successful candidate will foster an atmosphere of success through accountability, communication and LEAN methodology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following.
- Oversee the Quality related function of the Manufacturing Operations at all coated metal facilities.
- Develop, monitor and analyze Key Performance Indicators on direct labor/productivity, quality, and capacity measures on regular weekly or monthly basis.
- Foster a culture of accountability and communication and employee engagement.
- Continuously evaluate day-to-day activities, make recommendations for continuous improvement and oversee implementation.
- Ensure quality meets or exceeds customer specifications.
- Install LEAN concepts and foster culture of continual improvement (as part of productivity and quality improvement).
- Work closely with engineering to ensure engineering designs that are easy to manufacture and reduce manufacturing labor and materials.
- Work closely with supply chain to ensure incoming material quality meets the specifications and standards of the PermaShield product line.
- Develop and maintain a cost-conscious culture; invest wisely; spend to make money
- Implement coating production method improvements, recommend/request equipment upgrades, enhancements or additions that will help improve quality, productivity and capacity.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, this candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Direct management of Quality for manufacturing environment; work collaboratively with managers and supervisors in the management aspects of the company.
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of 8 years of leadership experience in a quality role within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of quality foundations and processes
- Knowledge of production control, staff plans, and budget management.
- Knowledge in Lean methods and continuous flow.
- Capability to gather and analyze data, identify trends, and draw conclusions from data
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience leading a quality program in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience setting performance expectations and maintaining accountability
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience with Lean methods, continuous flow, and a CQI environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct production work in a team-based environment
- Proficiency with computer applications including MS Office programs, ERP software solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret business periodicals, journals and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports and general business correspondence; present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups.
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills – report writing, business correspondence and procedures manuals
- Effectively present information and field questions in a thoughtful and professional manner
- Maintain a calm approach when faced with disagreement or differences of opinion
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with a keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Demonstrated ability to apply mathematical skills, interpret and analyze data and trends
- Ability to analyze trend data and apply logic reasoning in developing sound conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to extract key information in the course of decision-analysis
- Ability to apply trouble-shooting skills in a variety of production-related situations
- Standing, walking, and occasionally lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
- Characteristics include periodic noise (within safety limits) from manufacturing processes
- Safety glasses, Steel toe or Composite toe work shoes, Hearing protection, and other required protection must be worn when in the manufacturing area
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, October 24, 2022
- 9191 W Buckeye Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353, USA