2nd shift - Coating
Fab-Tech, Inc. in Colchester, Vermont, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning, 30+ years ago! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
The primary responsibilities of this position:
- Applying PSP powder electrostatically, in an even, overlapping manner.
- Load & unloading ovens, sanding, visual inspection and verification of coating thicknesses & attention to detail, throughout the coating process is essential.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary.
Manually applying PSP powder via: electrostatically
- Ability to learn basic troubleshooting of spray equipment
- Prepping of coated surfaces (sanding, wiping & using compressed air)
- Loading & unloading of ovens
- Conduct day to day duties safely (being aware of surrounding at all times - working with; around high temperature ovens)
- Checking coating thicknesses throughout all steps of the process.
- Conveying feedback to coworkers and coating lead is essential in this position
- Ability to stand on feet for 10 hours daily
- Must be able to work in a face paced work environment
- Attention to detail & communication is essential
- Vinyl gloves are to be used at all times when handling product. Heat resistant gloves are to be worn at all times when handling hot product
- Must be able to pass a PFT exam prior to being able to wear supplied air system (fresh air breathing PPE)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Previous experience preferred but not required, training will be provided.
- Dependable; determined, positive in demeanor
- Attention to detail.
- Team player
- Good attitude Physical Demands
- Frequent standing, bending at waist, walking, pushing & pulling and use of hands in this role are required Specific vision abilities required to include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally perform physical activities including lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
- Working around high temperature equipment and products
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the production area is usually moderately loud. The Coating department is a sectioned off area of the production floor.
- Various spraying equipment, sanding, air tool tasks are performed within the Coating department.
- Safety glasses and hearing protection are required when in the production area
- PPE covering eyes and skin is required when Powder Coating as well as working around the ovens.
- PPE covering hands and face is required when grinding.
- PPE specific for tasks being performed is required
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA