Preconstruction Manager - NEHP
NEHP and ENGVT are an EPC (engineer, procure, construct) firm with locations in Williston, VT, Dallas, TX, and Phoenix, AZ. We specialize in the design and off-site construction of process piping systems for semiconductor fabrication facilities. The chip production infrastructure in the US is expanding at a record-breaking pace, with new fabs being built by major players like Intel, Micron, Samsung, TSMC, and Global Foundries all over the US. Bringing our "Productivity by Design" skillset to the construction process, we alleviate the skilled labor shortage commonly faced by these billion-dollar projects. Our engineering first, construction productivity focus makes us a key part of the client's project team.
The Preconstruction Manager will work directly with the Director of Operations and the project management team to help execute the project per the contract documents.
NEHP Construction Productivity Improvement & Modular Integration:
Vermont based NEHP provides construction productivity improvement through pre‐construction programming, engineering, project management and integration. NEHP executes projects globally and is the industry leader in modularizing the critical utility base in several markets, primarily in semiconductor facilities.
The person in this position will be:
- Willing to work in a fast‐paced environment
- Eager to learn a new industry
- Able to travel to our Project Sites as needed
- Creative and capable of thinking outside‐the‐box
- Able to hold themselves accountable and takes ownership of their work
- Willing to work with us to tailor this position to meet your needs and our project goals
- Outgoing and able to communicate with others outside our organization in an effective Manner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review Scope of Work documents to become completely familiar with the project
- Work with Project Engineering to summarize and quantify the project scope of work
- Create the Scope of Work Matrix and identify scope breaks
- Estimate and prepare the project Control Budget / Built up Estimate
- Prepare Vendor List and RFP/Bid documents for vendor distribution
- Perform Bid Review and prepare vendor recommendations prior to Bid Award. Prepare Bid Tabs in accordance with Project Guidelines for submission to client
- Manage and maintain updates on all Vendor deliverables of fabrication to the Integration Shop. LEAN processes and Just in Time Deliverables.
- Manage weekly vendor meetings (prepare/update meeting minutes)
- Participate/Run weekly project meetings (virtually)
- Work with Quality Manager to prepare Non Conformance Reports (NCRs) and track vendors
- Coordinate with Engineering Program Manager for Shop Dwg. Distribution and tracking
- Negotiate Subcontractor and Vendor contract agreements
- Work with Director of Operations to utilize the best commercial project structure. Be knowledgeable in multiple solutions and capable of understanding the best model that works for the client and NEHP.
- Work with the Project Manager on scheduling of Just‐in‐Time deliverables to the Integration Facility.
- Work with vendors to track fabrication status from award, through fabrication, to delivery at the Integration Facility.
- Travel to visit vendor and mechanical contractor fabrication facilities. Work with QC manager to align vendors with NEHP process and standards.
- Assist with: (Primarily supported and performed by the APM)
- Prepare scope documents
- Estimating and scheduling (general)
- Material Receiving in ERP System & Air‐Table (become familiar with this system)
- Processing RFI’s (Request for Information)
- Familiar with Submittal Documents, tracking and follow‐up with the Submittal Process (become familiar with the process. Process performed by Project Engineering)
- Updating RFI and Submittal Logs (assist Sr. Project Engineer if/as needed)
- Air Table tracking and user preferences (become familiar with background if/as needed to assist Sr. Project Engineer)
This person will possess these Skills, Experience & Education:
- 10 yrs experience working in the construction industry
- 5‐8 yrs project management and estimating experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field or construction industry
- 10 yrs experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Project and/or Program Management experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, Outlook and MS Project) Working knowledge of PDF editor (Bluebeam) and File Sharing (Box) a plus. CAD & BIM a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- High energy level, self‐motivated and directed, with a keen organization and attention to
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast‐paced environment.
- Capable of being the primary point of contact for Vendors, Design Team and our Clients.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position
- continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Foundational understanding and experience with Project/Program Management
- Willing/Able to travel for durations up to 2 weeks at a time to support project jobsite
- activities and develop competency with our operations (differs by project)
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- 555 E Queen Creek Rd, Chandler, AZ 85286, USA