Assistant - Sports Field
Position: Sports Field Assistant
Department: Stadium Operations – Sports Field Management
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Manager of Sports Fields and Conversions
Status: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
This position is responsible for the day-to-day Bank of America Stadium & Practice field maintenance and preparation.
- Assist day to day maintenance of the Artificial Turf Playing surface at Bank of America Stadium, as well as the Natural grass practice fields at the Atrium Health Practice Facility.
- Obtain instructions and carry out assignments as given by the Manager of Sports Fields.
- Obtain a pesticide applicators license. Attend courses to maintain certification credits.
- Stencil and paint logos on the field
- Assist with all cultural practices and maintenance of the practice fields
- Assist in field prep and maintenance for NFL training camp
- Carry out tasks and maintenance schedules as assigned by the Manager of Sports Fields
- Layout all markings for NFL & MLS sporting events and practices
- Participates in all types of sports field maintenance in a safe and proper manner
- Participates in the operation and maintenance of Sports turf and Landscape equipment
- Performs Other duties as assigned
- Willingness to assist other departments as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a working knowledge of Sports field management
- Must have or be able to obtain a NC pesticide applicators license
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends and all Carolina Panthers, Charlotte FC and Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays when necessary
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Degree in Turfgrass Science, Agronomy, or related field
- Certification in Sports Turf Management from an accredited University
- Stadium or Athletic Field Turf Maintenance experience is preferred
- Experience with Sports field layout, painting, and logo painting
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player, reliable, and dependable
- Ability to work under high pressure efficiently
- Must be detail-oriented and must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Walking throughout the stadium and stadium grounds
- Operating Turf and Landscape machinery
- Lift at least 50 pounds
- This job operates mostly in an outside environment and in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions.
- This position operates in a fast pace working environment with schedules that are subject to change.
- Pay Type Hourly