SUMMARY STATEMENT/POSITION OVERVIEW
The Material Planner position is responsible for a deck of kits and has to ensure the kits ship to the customer on time. The Material Planner does the purchasing and has to take ownership on ensuring any issues are resolved. This position is the key interface with both the supplier and customer.
- Coordinates the procurement of components for service kits.
- Issues Purchase Orders or releases for individual components with suppliers.
- Expedites material and insure on-time delivery.
- Resolves issues involving less than contractual lead-time with suppliers and agree on shipment dates. Advises the customer for the purposes of “moving required dates”.
- Assists with and provides data for purposes of disputing performance ratings.
- Negotiates lead times with suppliers as required.
- Resolves purchasing, engineering, quality, lead time and other Purchase Order related issues with suppliers, internal HLM departments and appropriate customer personnel as required.
- Advises purchasing on packaging related requirements of inbound components for kit packaging.
- Provides work order information required to ensure on-time packaging and shipment of service kits.
- Expedites and ensures shipment of Hotlines/IVOs/Preventative.
- Maintains desk and system files to ensure accurate kit related information.
- Assists with special projects or customer requirements relating to material planning and purchasing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS (List specific skills required but not defined in Dimensions)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administrations, Supply Chain/Operations Management or related field or equivalent experience.
- Prior Purchasing, Materials Planning, or Inventory Control experience, preferred 1-2+ years of experience.
- Experience managing and developing customer and vendor relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of basic purchasing principles
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
Our EEO Policy: Hollingsworth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Hollingsworth complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Family OFF
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Tuesday, October 18, 2022
- 14225 Warren Ave, Dearborn, MI 48126, USA