We are expanding our corporate procurement organization and are looking for new, full-time team members to join us as Entry Level Buyers. The Entry Level Buyer follows up with suppliers to assure that purchase orders and requests for information and documents are acted upon in a timely manner.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in building a career and/or wanting to find long-term, challenging work.
- Obtains work from supervisor, buyer(s) and others who interact with suppliers and customers.
- Contacts appropriate supplier personnel to verify that they are taking action to fulfill order requirements.
- Obtains expected completion dates from suppliers.
- Follows up at appropriate times on open items.
- Informs buyer as early as possible of any problems.
- Files materials and folders in the item files.
- Makes folders for new items and items that have a change in status.
- Maintains accurate and orderly file system for part information.
- Makes suggestions for improvements.
- Maintains any statistical data required to monitor processes.
- Documents processes used in performing job responsibilities.
- Attends training sponsored by the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Purchasing experience in manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Organized with great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates follow-through on work assignments
- Works well under pressure
- Typing proficiency and strong computer skills
- Work most days in the corporate office in Dearborn, MI
- Job Family OFF
- Pay Type Hourly
- Telecommute % 0
- 14225 Warren Ave, Dearborn, MI 48126, USA