Regional Operations Manager II
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Title: Regional Operations Manager
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities, and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
Community Outreach Group is seeking a Regional Operations Manager (ROM) to support multiple canvassing and organizing campaigns.
The Regional Operations Manager will partner with program staff to ensure they have the administrative, operations, human resources, and logistical support to be successful.
This is a mid-level role, managed by the Operations Director. You will work collaboratively with a nimble Operations team and collaboratively build the infrastructure for programs and provide ongoing support through campaign completion.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to organize, coordinate, and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, with very high attention to detail and a high level of diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
In this position, you will focus on the following workstreams.
Recruitment and hiring:
- Work with hiring managers to identify candidates that are best suited for open positions.
- Share open roles on external listservs, hiring platforms, and to the organization’s alumni lists to build a pool of quality candidates with an emphasis on recruiting applicants from traditionally marginalized backgrounds.
- Complete screening calls with applicants and provide assessments and feedback.
- Request background checks through Hireright and ensure their completion by candidates.
- Send formal offer letters through the Dayforce personnel management system.
- Ensure new hires are prepared for their initial onboarding by sending welcome emails with relevant logistics information for their first day.
- Lead the project management of the hiring pipeline and prioritizing support based on deadlines and program priority.
- Assist in drafting job descriptions for new positions.
Operations and logistics:
- Identify and lease office space for use as a canvass or volunteer staging location in partnership with in-state staff and lead on office stand up and close out processes.
- Order and manage supplies on behalf of field offices and staff, including tracking and managing the shipment and return of technology.
- Ensure that staff's technical questions, problems, and concerns are answered as quickly, completely, and accurately as possible.
- Manage ZenDesk for program staff requests to load company debit cards and troubleshoot issues on the ground.
- Assist Operations Director with the creation and maintenance of process documents and tracking.
- Support the organization’s financials by assisting with bill payment, invoicing, and financial reconciliation as delegated.
Leadership development and training:
- Assist with the implementation of leadership development curriculum for temporary staff and assist in the planning and execution of trainings.
- Support the debrief and evaluation process at the end of programs.
Applicants for this position should bring the following knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Detail-oriented and methodical approach - you should be comfortable managing a many-step process successfully.
- Creativity and resourcefulness - if you don’t have answers, you aren’t afraid to figure them out.
- Strong customer service attitude to help teams use tools successfully.
- Enjoys meeting new people and learning about their backgrounds and experience.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities while tracking everything you need to do.
- An aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new skills and technologies quickly - undaunted in the face of challenges.
- Consistent follow through and ability to independently manage their workstreams.
- Proactive to identify opportunities, problems, and proposed solutions.
- Willingness to ask questions and give candid feedback to grow both the department and the organization.
- Flexibility to adapt the changing needs and to jump in to support colleagues.
- Experience or interest in campaigns and/or progressive issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees, while fostering inclusion and support.
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Experience working on paid canvassing campaigns.
- Commitment to racial equity and experience implementing an equity lens in their day-to-day work.
- Experience hiring or conducting interviews.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
This is a full-time, exempt, mid-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary range of $55,000 – $60,300. The employee will telecommute. Occasional travel may be requested to support teams in the field. In accordance with our vaccination policy, all staff who travel on company business must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
This is a full-time, seasonal position with the Community Outreach Group with an expected end date of November 30, 2022.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal